chapter 3

"Melissa, I need you to get me a pregnancy test on your way over here." Emily said as she talked with her best friend at the time.
"Emily! Oh my god okay I can do that, are you serious though? You think you might actually be pregnant?" She said.
"Yeah... I'm officially three weeks late today." She stated. "I really didn't think this was going to happen so I just kept thinking and blaming it on stress." Emily said.
"Who's is it?" Melissa asked.
"A guy I met, it was a one night stand basically but I really liked him, Missy." She said.
"I'm sorry Em, I'm almost to the pharmacy now I'll call when I get there." Melissa said.
5 minutes later:
*positive* *two lines* *+* * pregnant*
"Fuck." Emily said as tears streamed down her face. "My mother is going to actually kill me this time."
"Em, don't think like that!" Melissa said.
"Melissa! I'm 20 years old. This kinda shit will ruin her 'perfect reputation'! I don't care about my own but hers is what I'm terrified about." Emily sobbed.
"I have to go to my OB/GYN ASAP." She stated.
"Are you gonna keep it, Em?" Melissa asked, she didn't know about emily's previous abortion 6 years prior.
"Yeah, I think." Emily said with a small smile.

Telling Ambassador Prentiss:
"Mother, we need to talk." Emily said to her mom.
"What is it dear." Elizabeth asked not looking up from her paper work.
"Mother. This is important." Emily said watching as Elizabeth looked up and motioned for emily to sit down.
"You are probably going to be upset and disappointed in me but I have made my decision. Mother, I'm pregnant. 10 weeks to be exact. I'm keeping the baby, I'm sorry to disappoint you. Again." Emily said not looking her mother in the eyes.
"P-Pregnant? Emily Michelle! This is not something we do. You're not married! You are 20 years old and in college!" She explained.
"Mother I know." Emily said picking her nails.
"Who is the father?!" Elizabeth said exhaling.
Emily thought for a minute realizing she could not tell her mother it was an agent who was basically Elizabeth's staff.
"A man I met a few weeks ago." Emily lied. "He isn't involved, he left to go back home." She said not totally lying since she didn't know where Hotch was from.
"Good heavens Emily. Wait till your fathers here's of this!" Elizabeth exclaimed. Emily started to quietly cry.
"Mother I am sorry for this, but it is my child and my life and I will be raising this child how I see fit! I am an adult who will give everything I have for this child. I hate to be a disappointment but this is what happened and I'm not going to hide it." Emily said absentmindedly putting a hand on her still flat stomach as if to protect her child.
"Emily. I understand. I will try to be here for what you need but it's your mistake which you are going to deal with. You can remain in my house but you are very much grounded to this house!" Elizabeth stated very clearly.

15 week appointment:
"Well Ms. Prentiss how's everything been going?" The doctor asked.
"Fine, just nauseas in the morning and that's really all." Emily said.
"That's completely normal nothing to worry about!" The doctor said. "Let's look at you baby, would you like to know the gender today?"
"Yes!" Emily said excitedly.
"Great. Okay so here's the head and arms and oh! It's a girl! Congratulations. Everything else looks healthy with her and you seem healthy as well. I'll see you back in 4 weeks." The doctor said before showing emily out of the room.

Birth:
"I can't- I can't do this." Emily cried.
"Darling, yes you can!" Elizabeth stated.
"It hurts so bad." Emily said with hot tears streaming down her face. "I want her out of me, NOW!" She screamed.
"Okay emily push when I tell you to!" The doctor stated.
"Aaahhhggg!" Emily cried.
An hour later emily had her small daughter lying on her chest softly breathing.
"She's perfect." Elizabeth said before a man came in saying she was needed and emily was left alone with her daughter.
"Hi baby girl. I'm your mommy." Emily said quietly. "I am going to love you forever. And we are never going to be alone we have eachother now sweet girl. You will always have me no matter what and I will always love you. There's nothing you can do that'll make me love you less." She said as her daughter cooed. "Just me and you sweetie."
"Ms. Prentiss do you have a name for you daughter?" A nurse asked.
"Yes. Delilah Erin Prentiss." She stated.