49

"I'm sorry." Cassidy told me while she's busy making Summer to fall asleep. I can still remember how she tried to contact me.
Lagi siyang pumupunta sa bahay para lang paki-usapan ako na kausapin siya. She wanted to explain and I give her a chance. After all, I moved on and I survive depression with Ethan's help.

"It's okay." I answered. Knowing the fact that we both hurt each other by words and physically. We still managed to grow up and accept the things that were finally done.

"Do you miss him?" I asked Cassidy later that day. She smiled and answered yes. The wedding got off both of them are still healing. I got the chance to go back to the Philippines after my hiatus. Then I go back here again in Canada to let this woman explain her side.

If only I knew that would be the last time that I am going to see her, I will stick with her. If only I knew she was really suffering from brain tumor, I am definetly gonna stay with her. After all, she's my best friend despite of everything happened between us.

I was busy looking at Summer, Cassidy's baby. I smiled when she smiled, I laugh whenever she's bubbling. She's too pretty, she looks like her mom. We got a little resemblance and I am happy because Calvin let me took care of their daughter.

Yes, it is Calvin and Cassidy's daughter. It was revealed when Tito Zin told everyone that they killed the baby. Yep, Cassidy got pregnant but Tito Zin, Calvin's dad, killed the baby. I don't know, maybe it was not part of his plan. At the same time, Tito Zin and Tita Monica was ex lovers. He used Cassidy to get his revenge because of love.

"So, when was the wedding?" I ask out of a sudden. Honestly speaking, I have moved on. Thanks for Ethan who help me to move forward. If it's not for him, maybe I am still depress and all.

Nagkibit balikat siya at bumuntong hininga. "Hindi ko alam kung tuloy pa eh." Bakas ang lungkot sa boses niya. I am partly guilty, if it's not because of me sana kasal na sila ni Calvin.

"Uh, i'm sorry." I almost whispered. Hindi ako makatingin sakanya ng deretso. It feels like I am in the deep sea wherein I am not able to see someone. Instead, I am seeing my self drowning.

"It's fine, atleast I got to know myself more." Bakas ang lungkot sa boses niya. I am sincerely sorry, if it wasn't because of me, sana kasal na sila.

That was my last conversation with her. It was a deep conversation wherein both of us forgive each other. I can still remember how she deeply adore Summer, if only I knew that was the last time na makikita ko siya, sana hindi na lang ako natulog.
She sacrifice her life for Summer's safety. Summer is with me, I adopted her. Bilin iyon ni Cassidy sa letter na iniwan niya. All the papers were already process. Hindi ko naman inililihim kay Summer that I adopted her. She left Summer when she's only one year old, now she's five.

"Mommy, where can I see my real dad?" Summer asked while busy eating her banana. I smiled, before I sighed.

"I still don't know baby." Honestly, I really don't know when. I tried reaching him out, one time we talked and told him about Summer but he said it is better if they wouldn't meet. That was the last time I talked to him.

"Maybe, he don't like me." Malungkot na ani Summer. We are currently here in Japan, we are in vacation, since my super model cousin Maureen took a leave. Sumama na lang kami ni Summer dahil alam ko mabbored lang siya sa bahay dahil wala sina Eerine at Lucian.

"Baby, your dad loves you even your mom. Maybe, ang iyong lola na lang ang mammeet mo." It's just a crucial thing for me, lalo na both of her parents are gone. I couldn't tell her about the real situation. She will be broken, bata pa lang siya. Tama na muna iyong alam niyang hindi siya akin pero pinapakita at pinaparamdam ko sakanyang mahal ko siya na parang akin.