10

I woke up the next day feeling empty. I don't know, bigla na lang akong tinamad sa buhay ko. My sister is in the hospital, also my cousin, fighting for their lives. My mom and dad are drifting apart because of cheating issues. My bestfriend played me, she knows that my dad is cheating with her mom but she didn't do anything to stop them. Lastly, my boyfriend is cheating with someone I did not expect to betray me. What a fucking life.

I still need to prepare for school, I still have responsibilties to fullfil. I smiled at myself while looking at my reflection, you can do it, Jia. Pagkausap ko sa sarili ko, you just need to pretend until everything is fine. I fixed my self and started to form a smile, hiding the pain behind the mask. That's all I need, a mask that will hide my pain.

"Oh, aalis kana anak? Hindi ka na ba mag aalmusal?" Tanong ni Nanay Mina sa akin ng makita akong palabas na ng bahay.

"Hindi na po, nay. Sa school na lang po, alis na po ako." Paalam ko at ngitian siya. Tinignan niya lang ako at hinayaan na akong makaalis.

Agad akong sumakay sa kotse ko ang binasa nag mga mensaheng pumasok sa cellphone ko. Kakaopen ko lang nito dahil hinayaan kong magcharge magdamag. I read the text messages, they are all concern for me. Not until my eyes drop into two people, who's betraying me.

From: Calvin <3
Baby, how are you? Are you okay? We'll talk tomorrow okay? I love you.

From: --------
Jia, how are you? Hope you're okay and i'm sorry. Take care!

I smiled bitterly before putting my phone back to my small bag. I started my cars engine at umalis na. I will face them, both of them later, without them knowing that I learned about their secrets. What a trash, paano nila ako nakayang pakisamahan na meron silang ginagawa behind my back? Paano yun nagawa sakin ni Calvin? He said he loves me, but why is he doing this?

I reached the school parking, agad akong nagpark at bumaba sa kotse. Kinuha ko ang mga gamit ko at nagsimula ng maglakad. I even saw Calvin and her, together. What a nice view to start a day. Calvin saw me, he wave his hand at me, I flashed a smile to the both of them.

"Hey." Bati niya sa akin at hinalikan ako sa noo. I saw her eyes darted to Calvin, she's glaring, I smirk.

"Where are you last night?" I asked Calvin while looking at the girl I trust the most.

Alanganing ngumiti siya sa akin ng makita niyang nakatingin ako sakanya but I did not return her smile. "U-uh, nasa bahay lang baby." I look at him and smiled, what a liar.

"Oh, okay." I said and pulled him away from her. "Come on babe, punta tayo sa booth niyo."

Sumunod naman kaagad sa akin si Calvin at inakbayan ako. I saw that girl, following the both of us. We are in the same squad yet she have the audacity to act nice. Let's wait and see for her karma.

"Vin, I called you last night. Bakit hindi mo sinagot?" Tanong ko sakanya.

"Maye he's busy, Jia." She smiled at me, I glared at her.

"I'm not talking to you. Learn to shut up when no one is asking for you opinion." I boldly answered her.

"Baby, what's that?" Aniya at hinila ako palapit sakanya. Umiling ako bilang sagot at kumawala sa pagkakahawak niya sa akin. Nauna akong naglakad at sinasabayan niya naman ako.

I saw Amanda with his twin brother, I wonder if they knew about the snake in the group. I smiled when I saw the council practicing for the dance presentation in the closing program. May mga banda rin mamayang gabi na pupunta dito. And I want to enjoy this whole day, just to forget about the pain I am hiding.