2. Hard Decesions

3 Days Later:

3 Days Later:

The silence of the night was shattered by the pounding of hooves as a group of five riders made their way through the dense forest. The steeds were good, not faltering even once on the rocky terrain as they navigated through the dense forest. At the head of this small group was a young man with porcelain white skin and sharp, bright eyes. He seemed to know his destination quite well, for never once did he falter as he guided their group towards one particular hilltop.

"Hum kahan ja rahe hain, Prithvi?"

"Wahan pahadi ki choti pe, Devi Maa ka mandir hai. Humari manzil wahi hai, Arjun."

"Lekin achanak se yahi mandir kyun aana tha?"

"Rajyaabhishek se pehle har naye raja ko uss mandir me jakar Devi Maa ke darshan karne hote hain. Kehte hain, iss mandir ki badi manyata hain."

"Achha, aur kitna samay lagega?"

"Ek peher ke andar hum wahan honge. Wahan paas me ek chota sa jharna hai. Wahin nahane ke baad hum bhor ke samay Maa Gauri ke darshan karenge." Prithvi smiled at his friends. The rest of the ride passed away in silence.

The night deepened, covering everything within its folds. And the five young men rode on, oblivious to the danger lurking in the shadows.

~~~*~~~

"Rajkumari Sanyogita. Ek baar fir soch lijiye. Kya aap sach me ye karna chahti hain?"

"Hume jitna sochna tha, hum soch chuke Dadi Maa. Ab to karne ka samay hai."

The old lady nodded her head, not trusting her voice to give away her fears. "Thik hai Sanyogita. Hum aapko rokenge nahi. Apna khayal rakhiyega, aur Prithvi ka bhi."

The Princess nodded her head and quickly got into the chariot with Chamki behind her.

"Aap yahan sab sambhal lengi na, Dadi Maa?"

"Bina kisi chinta ke jaiye. Bas yaad rakhiyega, lautte samay mahal me nahi, Kannauj ke Bahar Devi Mandir me pahunchiyega. Aur agar kisi karanwash wahan nahi pahunch paayi to Madan Brahmini ji ke ashram me pahunchiyega."

With a nod of understanding, the two girls, dressed completely in men's garb, turned to leave.

"Mahadev aap sab ki raksha kare." A muttered, heartfelt blessing reached her ears as Chamki took the reins of the chariot. She would have preffered riding a horse, but since Sanyogita did not know how to ride solo, this was the next best way. Once they were back from this though, she was going to teach Sanyogita how to ride a horse.