1. Truth Revealed

"Truth has an uncanny habit of finding it's own way."

She stood in front of the open window, looking at the starless sky

She stood in front of the open window, looking at the starless sky. Just like the blackness outside, her life felt bleak and colourless. She had been so happy to see him come back safe and sound, and in a flash, all her happiness had been snatched away. All her joy had turned into grief.

She cursed her childishness as his words rang in her ears. "Tum kaun ho?"

He had so wanted to know her identity. And she had tried to tell him the truth, only to be stopped by his friends.

Every single incident of the last night was fresh in her mind. She remembered the solid, warm body as she had rushed into his arms. The strong arm which wrapped around her possessively spoke of love and safety. When he had held her chin in between his thumb and forefinger and raised it to meet his eyes, he had somehow branded her.

His touch ghosted over her when she closed her eyes and she couldn't resist the shiver which ran down her spine. The love in his eyes was heart breaking. And then she remembered his eyes when he had let her go. The deep, searing, soul shattering grief in them brought her down on her knees.

Oh! Why had she played this game? Why had she not told him the truth? Why had she hidden behind this facade of Nandini? Why? Why?? Why???

So lost was she in her thoughts that she did not realize as a person came and stood behind her.

"Rajkumari Sanyogita."

The voice was soft, hesitating and she recognized the speaker.

"Roiye mat. Sab thik ho jayega."

"Kuch bhi thik nahi hoga Vaishali. Ab sab kuch khatam ho chuka hai."

"Aisa mat kahiye. Ajmer ke maharaj aapko khud se dur nahi jane denge."

"Wo sach jaankar humse nafrat karega,Vaishali."

"Hum nahi mante. Ek baar unko sach batakar to dekhiye."

"Humme ab aur himmat nahi hai, Vaishali. Jao yahan se. Hume akela chhod do."

Defeated for the time being, Vaishali quietly left the room. As she walked out, her brain started formulating plans. But she needed help. And she had no idea where to get it. Perhaps, if she could meet Maharaj Prithviraj Chauhan.

"Vaishali..."

She stopped in her tracks, looking at the owner of the voice with barely concealed worry.