Day 4 Surfing Lessons

Wendy's P.O.V.

I wake up and check the time, it was already 10:00. When did I learn to sleep so late?. Looking around at everyone else was very peaceful. I look over at my boyfriend who had his arms around me while still sleeping very soundly. I decided to go back to sleep, not wanting to wake anybody up on accident.

Waking up about an hour later was very unpleasant when I was woken up by girls shaking me ferociously.

"Wendy wake up, we're going to the beach," Levy was really excited, "we get to learn how to surf." Lucy and Levy were bouncing up and down with happiness.

"Sounds fun guys," I rolled off the couch and went up to my room to get dressed. We met the guys downstairs and headed towards the beach. Our instructor was a young man who was about Natsu's height. He had dark brown hair and was very tan. Looking over at the boys was like looking at lions when someone takes their food. They were a little protective there. Except for Romeo, he has nothing to worry about.

"Hi my name's Jeff and I'll be your instructor today," the man, Jeff, spoke, "first we need to go over a few safety rules so no one gets hurt." He went over the rules and all the guys wanted to go first so Mira handled it.

"Here Jeff, it's a hat with all the boy's names, just pick a name and him and his partner will go first," she smiled innocently until Jeff looked away, then it turned into her matchmaking smirk. All of our eyes grow wide with shock, is she really doing this again? Jeff picks the first name out of the hat as the boys hope and pray that it's them.

"Gajeel Redfox," Jeff grabs his board as Gajeel and Levy grab boards of their own. Gajeel practically skips down to the water as Levy trudges along behind him. She doesn't seem as excited about it.

Levy's P.O.V.

I was really hoping that someone else would go first. I can not surf, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to do it. Gajeel looks so happy getting to be first and then you have me, being Miss Debby Downer.

"Do I really have to go Gajeel," I pleaded. He didn't even stop just kept walking towards the water. I rolled my eyes as Jeff got us on our boards.

"Ok so we need to swim out a bit to catch some waves," he looked at me, "you gonna be ok?" I just stared at him with a look that says, bitch you crossed the line there.

"I'm not 5," I respond with some sass. Jeff just turns away and I can swear I hear Gajeel sigh with relief, oh well. Let's surf.

Mira's P.O.V.

The boys were getting impatient so I pulled a few strings and got each group a trainer. No one else was even here, though I may or may not have had something to do with that.

"What are you doing just sitting around, aren't you going to join us," a voice interrupts my thoughts. I look up and see Laxus standing there, I didn't even know he was here.

"Oh hey there, I didn't know you were here," I smiled.

"That's because I just got here, but you never answered my question," he brought it back up.

"I didn't have a partner," I jumped up, "but now I do." I grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the surf stand to get another trainer. I've surfed plenty of times but they wouldn't let me go without a trainer and for a trainer you need at least two people.

"Someone's a little over excited for Laxus to be here," whipping around I see Erza standing there. Laxus was outside waiting for me so I tried to go around her, and of course she had to block me.

"Well yeah I am, I can go surf now since I have a partner now," she looked disappointed at my answer but went back to surf with Jellal. Everyone was doing great, Lucy got great scores from our "judges", while Natsu just kept falling off. Jellal and Erza were pretty equal with the talent and were trying to outshine each other. Elfman had fallen over onto Evergreen and she was pissed. Bickslow and Lisanna were doing ok, they were still trying to help each other balance. Wendy and Romeo had to use the same board, but they didn't seem bothered or embarrassed. I was going to get to the bottom of that one. Gajeel was actually a really good surfer while Levy, lets just say she needed an extra push from Jeff to get on the board. Gray and Juvia were racing each other for some reason, that or Gray's running away again, but they are pretty good too.

"So, where's the trainer," Laxus walked up and asked. I decided to tease him a bit.

"Oh, does the big bad Laxus need a trainer," I was trying so hard to not burst into laughter. Laxus on the other hand was not amused.

"Was that necessary," he just looked at me.

"Yes it was, I didn't think you needed a trainer. I don't need one, but if you want one I'll go get you one," I started walking towards the water. He ran to keep up and we started surfing too. It was definitely something.

Nobody's P.O.V.

All the ships, and couple, were enjoying their day at the beach. Mira proving to everyone that she was the best surfer when all the guys challenged her to a surf off. The other girls and Romeo rolling their eyes as their partners came back over to them. Natsu was ready for another challenge with Gray and Gajeel.

"Ice Princess, Metal Head, I challenge you now," he pointed his finger at each one of them.

"You're on Flame Brain," Gray accepted.

"Bring it on, Salamander," Gajeel, Natsu, and Gray start paddling out. They saw a big wave on the horizon and paddled out a little bit more, they were separated of course so they could all catch the same wave. As the big wave inched closer the boys started paddling and so did the girls, they were in deep waters and needed to get away so they wouldn't drown.

The wave crashed down taking everyone in with it. Being on the shore everyone gets up and coughs out all the water. No one was injured and everyone was breathing fine.

Lucy's P.O.V.

Well that was a big wave. I was coughing out the remaining water with Natsu patting my back. I didn't know he cared so much, but he probably just wants some food.

"You alright, Luce," he looks me in the eye.

"Yep, just getting out the remaining water," I choke in the middle of my sentence coughing up more water. Now that I looked around mostly every girl was getting help except for Mira, who was walking around helping everyone else while still choking herself. She walked up to me.

"You ok Lucy," she asks then coughs.

"Yep, what about you," I've almost stopped coughing.

"Just fine, I've been through worse right," and with that she walked off. What a strange girl. After Mira finishes checking on everybody, we walk back to the hotel in silence except for the occasional cough from Mira and Wendy. Getting back we all put on comfy clothes and make dinner, and when I say make, I mean we got lazy and ordered pizza instead. We all went to bed early today in our own rooms for once. Before I go to sleep, I look out at the night sky and smile.

"It's so beautiful," I say to no one in particular, and with that, I fall sound asleep.

A/N I think this is my longest chapter on here but, surfing and then getting washed ashore. It wasn't necessary but I did it anyways. Well see you later guys. Have a good National Pancakes Day, March 3rd 2015, and be sure to stop at IHOP today to get free pancakes. Bye for now!!!