One

The sound of his feet echoing against the hardwood floor didn't seem to bother her. He stretched and let out a large yawn, making his way to the deck.

After the rain last night, dew was left on the grass, leaving behind a comforting musky smell. He leaned against the doorway and smiled to himself, staring at the one he loved.

She was dressed in a bright orange crop top, because it was his favorite color on her which complemented her olive skin, with black yoga leggings. She didn't suspect he was there, so he stayed there, gazing at her. Her toenails had a dark blue polish on them, which she had done yesterday. The cool spring breeze traveled through her free dark hair, making it flow behind her.

He crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her smooth, tiny waist. "Good morning, baby."

"Morning," she smiled, turning around to give him a well-needed kiss on the lips. He noticed she was staring at him again. She could look into his bright blue irises forever. They were one of the reasons she was so intrigued by him in college.

He took her into another hug, swaying lightly. "I love you, Katniss," he mused.

"I love you, too, Peeta," she sighed happily and gave him another kiss. Whenever they kissed, sparks flew. In all of the girls Peeta dated – which happened to be two, but still – never loved him like Katniss did. Same goes for Katniss. She knew the minute she met him that he was different – a good different. Special.

When they first met at a college frat house, Peeta was smitten, Katniss as well. All of their friends knew they liked each other, so they kept teasing them about it. It all ended when Katniss was fed up with their constant nagging, and yanked Peeta's head down to hers for a huge kiss.

That night, Peeta went back to Katniss's apartment. They laid awake in her bed making out until four in the morning. Needless to say, their hair was tangled into oblivion, lips were puffier than marshmallows, and they were covered in hickeys. Good thing it was Friday, right?

"Are you hungry?" He asked her softly. She nodded. It was their weekend routine for Peeta to make them a huge breakfast. She loved it because she loves watching him cook, and the food was always delicious, too.

Peeta grew up in a bakery with his two older brothers and parents. His dad had opened the bakery when Peeta was four. His brothers, Rye and Will, were able to work, as they were in their pre-teens already. His parents always wanted the best for him; his father was the glue that held the family together during fights, and his mother wouldn't hurt a fly.

When he started making pastries for a start, his father knew he had a gift. So, when he turned ten, he started making and decorating cakes for the window displays. He was truly gifted in baking.

"The food's done!" He called out to Katniss who was folding laundry. She laid her clothes down and walked into the kitchen, thankfully taking the plate of food Peeta handed her.

They sat at the kitchen island and talked about anything and everything while they ate. It was their weekend routine, but it never got old to them.
*
How is it? I'm going to love writing this story 😅