Four

Continued Flashback

"That's Peeta Mellark, the baker's son," Johanna interrupted. "His father owns a bakery downtown."

"Oh, you finally show up," Katniss sarcastically remarked, slapping her dark-haired friend's arm playfully.

"I did," she nodded, "Anyway, let's cut to the chase. Why do you wanna know about Mellark?"

"He seems..." Katniss pauses. Did she really want to admit to her friends that he's, really, really good-looking? That would just end up to a bunch of teasing, she thought.

"I've just never seen him before," she gave the safe answer, but she couldn't fight the heat rising onto her face.

"You're blushing, haha!" Annie poked her cheek. "You like him! Oh my god!"

"Aww, little Katty's got a little crush," Johanna teased, taking a gulp of beer.

"Oh, shut up," she shoved Johanna and slapped Annie on the shoulder, "He's hot, okay?"

"We need to get you to talk to him," Annie exclaimed, pulling Katniss across the room to the pool table where Peeta was standing.

"Annie, stop!" she hissed, trying to fight her off.

But it was too late.

"Hi," Annie beamed at Finnick and Peeta, shoving Katniss in front of her.

"What are you doing?!" Katniss shouted in a hushed whisper, a combination of the two.

"This is Katniss," Annie told Peeta giddily. "Now, let's go Fishboy, or whatever your name is." She yanked Finnick by the arm and started traveling back to Johanna.

"It's Finnick," he corrected, "Although, you're pretty hot."

Katniss laughed as Annie's jaw dropped. She blushed furiously and said, "Well, you're not too bad, yourself."

For a long time, Peeta could get a great view of Katniss's perfect butt while she was laughing at Annie. But that soon came to an end when she turned around.

He quickly averted his eyes back up to the beautiful girl. "Hi," he grinned, "I'm Peeta Mellark, sophomore."

"I know," she blurted, but gasped right after and covered her mouth. "I'm sorry, I'm Katniss Everdeen, freshman."

"So you already know me?" he asked curiously.

"Yeah," she answered, "My friend told me."

He laughed as a response, "Which one? The redhead seems..... interesting."

She laughed again, "No, my friend Johanna told me."

"Anyway, how's the party? I've been here for a while because of helping set up, just kinda got bored," he chuckled softly, changing the subject.

"I got here about ten minutes ago, but it's been good so far," she replied. "I-"

She got rudely interrupted as another blond-haired boy ran over to Peeta and gave him a slap on the back. "Hey, Peet! Wanna play some beer pong?" the guy slurred, already drunk.

"Sure," Peeta shrugged, "Only if Katniss wants to." He turned to her.

"Ooh, hey cutie," the guy winked, "My name's Cato, the hottest guy at this party."

"And my name is 'not interested'," Katniss replied smartly.

"Ooh! You got your ass handed to you, Cato!" Peeta laughed. "What about beer pong, Katniss?"

"I'd love to," she smiled, following Cato over to the table outside. Peeta was beside her, keeping an arm wrapped loosely around her waist to guide her.

"Is this okay?" Peeta whispered into her ear, his hot breath tickling her, but turning her on.

"Y-Yeah," she gulped awkwardly.

Shit. She did have a crush.

💅🏼💋
update! sorry i havent been on in a while😁