Five

Continued flashback (once again)

It was the third round of beer pong, and as a newbie, Katniss had already won all of the games. With all of the guys gawking around her, she had even more motivation.

When she scored another point, Cato muttered, "Beginner's luck."

"That's what they all say," Katniss laughed.

"You heard me?" He frowns.

"Of course I heard you. I'm only two feet away from you, you know," Katniss clearly observed. She's not stupid.

"Whatever," he slurred, "I'm done with this game. You must've fucking rigged it."

"Bye," she waved sarcastically, turning back around to a silent Peeta. "You've been quiet."

His head perked up at her words, and he shook his head. "I'm alright," he smiled warily.

"You sure?" she asked to confirm. He didn't look alright.

"Seriously, I'm fine, Katniss."

"Okay, you just seem... off," she left it at that. "Do you wanna go play some more beer pong with Cato and his friends? I saw then starting a new game."

"No, I think I've had enough of Cato tonight," he laughs bitterly and shakes his head.

"This is why you're mad, isn't it?" Katniss realized. Was he jealous of Cato? Was he actually jealous of some guy that had no chance with her?

Peeta took a sharp breath, "Whatever, Katniss-"

"It is," her eyes widened, "Isn't it?"

"Look, you've been talking to him a lot ever since I introduced you. I just... wanted to talk to you more," his cheeks reddened.

"Peeta, it's alright," she confirmed, "Actually, I wanted to chat with you, too. Cato's just really talkative when he's drunk, I guess."

"He is," Peeta nodded, laughing softly before taking a sip of water. Both he and Katniss had switched because they had to sober up to drive their friends home.

"You know you're way better than him, right?"

"Why, thank you for the lovely compliment, Miss Everdeen," He smiled in a formal manner.

"You're welcome," she replied while smacking his arm.

Peeta changed the subject, tugging on the sleeve of her dress. "You look pretty tonight. I love the dress."

"Thank you, you look nice too," Katniss smiled shyly. He liked her outfit! "That shirt brings out the color in your eyes." His dark blue shirt brought out his bright blue irises.

"My eyes are no comparison to you, Katniss," Peeta leaned closer to whisper into her ear, "I love this dress. Maybe I can take it off sometime?"

🔥🎉
haha i left it on a really good everlark note huh😉
well im glad i updated bc ive been slacking a lot and im really sorry
but thanks for 400 followers!