~Chapter 3~

>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Several days passed after the Red Banquet incident. She got XD new clothes and he happily wore them. DreamXD was sleeping peacefully on the couch when she entered the living room. He was back in his half mortal form, his mask was a little off, she could see his freckled cheeks and his lips. He began to take a liking to human life and would walk around in his current form. Some of the SMP members became more friendly with him, after the incident with with the Eggpire. They knew that a God wouldn't kill a mortal, only scare them off. Especially Puffy grew closer to him after he saved her son. Y/n let him sleep and proceeded to prepare something for meal.

---------------------------

"What are you cooking?" He walked up to her, fixing his mask back on his face and positioned his head above hers. She had to admit that he was clingy, too touchy.
"Stew."
"Mushroom stew?"
"Uh huh."
"You need help with anything?"
"Nah, everything is fine."
"Okay, then." He didn't walk away. "I'll just watch."
"Interested in cooking?"
"A little."
"Want to try to cut mushrooms?"
"Okay." He summoned his scythe in his hands and was about to swing it.

"WOAH WOAH WOAH- XD, you can't them with the scythe!"
"Why not?"
"The cuts should be small, delicate, you need a knife to do it, not a scythe." His scythe took a form of black knife in a matter of seconds.
"This?"
"Yes. But it's...not poisonous, right?"
"No, don't worry."
"Okay, stand next to me then. I'll teach you." He hummed, standing right next to her. She took his large hand with knife, guiding it to the wooden chopping board where mushrooms were. She gripped his hand tighter, bringing the sharp blade of the knife down on the mushrooms, cutting them in half. "Just like that. Don't put much force on the knife while cutting. Now try it yourself, be careful don't cut yourself." He awkwardly stared down at the knife in his hand. Eventually he managed to cut them in different shapes and sizes. One was huge, other was tiny. Good enough for the beginner.

"It's already an improvement. I remember teaching that to Dream, he was so bad at this, he cut his own arm." She laughed, remembering Dream's expression after she told him to do it himself. But her laugh faded away fast, replaced by silence. XD sensed the hint of sadness in her mind.
"I'm better than him. Don't compare him with me." He spoke and she snorted.
"Alright, but I'm the best."
"Just you wait and see, it's only the beginning. Soon I'll be better than you." He challenged.
"We'll see that." Suddenly, he stiffened, sensing someone's presence near them.

"XD? What's wrong?" He felt them coming near. It was Hannah. He also could feel that she was carrying the piece of the Egg with her. A low growl emitted from his throat as he teleported outside the house, this time in his full God form. Y/n quickly went after him, opening the door and seeing him and Hannah at least 10 steps away from him.
"Hannah, what are you doing here?" Y/n was about to walk up to her.
"Y/n don't. She has a piece of that abomination with her, don't get close to her." His protection wouldn't work in full power if she was in direct contact with the Egg. His words stopped her in mid pace.
"I- I just wanted to apologize for the incident in Red Banquet, I'm sorry, Y/n. I wanted to give you a gift as an apology. And could we...talk like before? We're friends, right?" She was holding a backpack with a red dress in it. XD could clearly feel the Egg inside the bag. XD got behind Y/n's back, shielding her with his large double wings and holding her form with his hands, glaring at the other girl.
"Begone."
"XD no wait-"
"Y/n, it's not a gift, it's an Egg!"
"I-"

"I̶̴̗̗̦͍ͨͭ̉͢͟'m̶̷͔ͪ̽͡ ẅ̷̷̢̟͇͈̒ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞r̶̷̲͍̭͐̾̀͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ y̯̤͑́́̓́ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚û̶͙̽̿͆̈ ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊ ḻ̸͈ͧ͑̓̓̀͡ă̶̸̝ͦ͊̿͋͞s̩͙͖̋͛͟t̴͕͖͓̀ t̴͕͖͓̀i̵͓͙̱͚̎͟m̶̷͔ͪ̽͡ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊. B̟̈́̆̐̄̚͜ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊g̴̶̛̮̣͙͠ȍ̸̢̢̮͚̐̚n̷̶̯͉̊̽̐ͦ͘ę̷̵̧̖̫̗̆̊."