_𝗦𝗠𝗢𝗢𝗧𝗛 ft. 𝗯𝗼𝗸𝘂𝗮𝗸𝗮

jock bokuto kōtarō & guitarist akaashi keiji ]
 = status : 623 wrds , april 2021

running a hand through his bi-coloured hair with a yawn, bokuto kōtarō drags his feet across the tiled floor, completely exhausted from his tutor session. if he could, kōtarō obviously wouldn't attend. education is in the backest, darkest corner of his mind. but, he has to. otherwise, he'd get kicked off the volleyball team. and that's the only thing he's got going on for high school.

well, there is that one kid he watched during the music festival their school had. but kōtarō can't find him for shit.

that's when he hears a guitar. he tears golden eyes away from the sunset and up at the sign above the door. music room. no fucking wonder he hears a guitar. normally, kōtarō would just continue on his way home or maybe convince akinori and/or tatsuki to practice with him, but when he passes by the small window in the door, he smiles.

it's him. the kid from the music festival. the same curly black hair, sharp, gunmetal blue eyes. an aloof expression.

he's singing an english song. kōtarō can't understand the lyrics; why do you think he needs a tutor? he's in no way the best singer kōtarō's heard—probably far from it—but the way he plays the guitar is just perfect. kōtarō figures that's why he was a guitarist in the band he was performing with and not a vocalist.

sooner or later, guitarist guy finishes his song. and kōtarō decides it's best to introduce himself. i mean, what's the worst that could happen?

"hey hey hey." he greets with much less enthusiasm than he usually does, sliding the music room door over as he enters.

guitarist guy just looks at him perplexed and not gonna lie, a little scared.

kōtarō chuckles at the mix of emotions on the stranger's face. "sorry, didn't mean to scare you there. i was walking by and i heard you playing so . . ."

"it's quite alright." guitarist guy says, though a little unsure of himself. he sets the guitar down—kōtarō notices it's school property from the sticker on it saying just that—and bows his head politely. "if you'll excuse me."

"wait no, don't go yet." kōtarō calls out with the slightest hint of panic. he wraps his hand around guitarist guy's wrist.

only a beat passes and the bi-colour haired athlete notices what he's done and lets go. "sorry sorry! i just– i watched you during the music festival and thought you were great. i wanted to get to know you but i couldn't since i didn't know who or where you were but now that i have found you, i can't just–"

guitarist guy giggles. and kōtarō finds it fucking adorable.

"you've convinced me well enough, bokuto-san. no need to keep rambling." bokuto-san? he knows him?

"you know me?" kōtarō questions.

guitarist guy nods, sitting back down on the stool he was sitting on. "everyone does, bokuto-san. you're the school's star volleyball player."

ah. kōtarō thinks he should've figured that out. he drags another stool over and sits in front of the musician. "what's your name then? since you know mine."

"akaashi keiji." akaashi answers, making kōtarō grin wide.

kōtarō asks why akaashi plays guitar and he doesn't lie about the answer being he loves music. he's just leaving out the most important parts. kōtarō can tell. but he doesn't insist. in return, akaashi asks why he plays volleyball and kōtarō answers.

they have a conversation. a nice, calm, getting-to-know-you conversation.

it's sunset when they've left the school. and kōtarō finds himself falling for akaashi. not in love—but he could be wrong on that front, he's not sure—but at least a crush. akaashi's perfect in every way to kōtarō's golden eyes.

and maybe. akaashi likes him too.

[ a / n ]

first chptr ! celebrations ! 

edit: m removing all the nts bc idk its too
much effort lol

thanks for reading :))

- vkaoki

p.s. you can jst call me vk or ver lmao
if yer wondring wht it stands for jst tell me so
i can explain but tbh i dnt thnk n e one
cares.