_𝗣𝗥𝗜𝗗𝗘 ft. 𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗿𝗮

[ 3rd-year semi eita & 2nd-year closeted shirabu kenjirō ]
= status : 1697 wrds , may 2021

— tw : implied/mentioned homophobia 

"what the fuck is this?"

shirabu kenjirō stares widely at only one of the many sheets of paper posted around shiratorizawa academy. printed on it could possibly be the most horrifying thing that could happen to a person. he scowls at the words and pictures, eyebrows furrowing.

"hey shirabu." kenjirō tenses immediately at the sound of his voice and the ringed hand clapped on his left shoulder. "what're yo– what."

semi eita studies the paper, bottom lip quivering and eyes glossing over with tears. "wh-what . . . what the hell is this, shirabu?" he tears it off the painted concrete, crumpling the parchment in his shaking hands. his head snaps back up, breath unsteady and trembling.

kenjirō isn't sure of what to do.

"semi-san, i swear on my fucking life, i don't know. it's all over school, i– semi-san, just know, i don't see you any differently–"

"shirabu, sorry for being rude, but i really don't give a fuck if you care right now. i just need to– i . . . fuck, i– shit, i don't know what–"

kenjirō places his hands on his upperclassman's shoulders, pulling them a little closer to each other. "semi-san, calm down, you're having a panic attack."

eita pushes the younger's hands off, stepping backwards. "no, shirabu! i'm not gonna fucking calm down! how do you expect me to calm down when some asshole just outed my sexuality to the entire fucking school?!"

"semi-san, it doesn't matter if you're gay or not–"

"for the last time, kenjirō," his first name makes the strawberry blonde freeze. but when he sees tear streaks on eita's face, a depressing smile on his lips, he softens. "no. you're straight so you haven't fucking seen, but this school—or at least, majority of this school, is homophobic, alright? stuck-up dipshits from rich families who'll probably do anything do drive gay people out."

eita leans against the wall and sinks down, head between his thighs. he rips the paper up, letting the pieces get swept away by the soft wind.

"semi-san."

"yeah?"

"y'know it really doesn't matter if you're gay, right?"

eita chuckles sorrowfully. he tilts his head back, and it thumps against the concrete. "what good is that gonna do if i'm just gonna get harassed every day for the rest of my time here? i better just quit while i'm ahead–"

"no!"

the silverette stops just as he pushes himself off the harsh ground. "no? you gonna tell me what i should do now?"