_𝟭𝟲𝟬 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗡𝗧, 𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗛𝗔𝗧𝗧𝗔𝗡 ft. 𝘁𝘀𝘂𝗸𝗶𝘆𝗮𝗺𝗮

[ new york university students tsukishima kei and yamaguchi tadashi ]
= status : 1525 wrds , may 2021 

yamaguchi tadashi groans as he falls backward on his dark gray couch, slumping comfortably even though he knows it'll be bad for his back. hinata shōyō sits down beside him, eyelids drooping with exhaust.

"remind me why i agreed to help you move." the latter mumbles, trying his best not to fall asleep since he does that enough in classes.

tadashi chuckles unsurely. "because you're my best friend? and you're nice?"

"that's debatable." shōyō giggles, sleep deprivation lacing his voice, hand slapping the cushion and accidentally, one of the sharper silver charms on his bracelet. "wait, then why didn't you ask yachi?"

"because she was busy."

shōyō sighs, pushing himself up and off the uncomfortable comfort of the couch. "well, because i was so nice to help you move, i'm busy now, too. i got that commission i have to speedrun." he picks his coat off the matching armchair and waves goodbye to his friend. "bye tadashi!"

"bye shō. remember to sleep, okay? and get some actual food!"

"got it!~"

"you can't live off macchiatos and monster!"

"bite me!~"

tadashi hears his door slam shut, laughing at his and his best friend's exchange. he sits in the silence of his new apartment, one his parents helped pay for because there's no way a university student could pay for an apartment in manhattan—please, that's a mere dream.

boxes and potential surround him, his imagination running wild with ways to make this place his own, to give it a little more personality than 1 or 2 cracked windows he probably needs to get fixed and a red-orange brick wall by the tiny ass kitchen tadashi could maybe learn to deal with.

tadashi scoots up his couch, sitting as comfortably as he could on a backrest. he pulls up on the solo window that leads to the dodgy fire escape, sneaking his body through it, boots stomping softly on the black metal.

his apartment building faces—what tadashi and shōyō dubbed as—the inside; a tiny courtyard with two benches in grass and an alleyway tadashi has yet to pass through.

he sighs, closing the window halfway and leans against it. his hazel-green eyes scan the other apartments wrapping around the inside, landing on a sunflower blonde sitting on his own fire escape landing attached to the building to the left of his. square-framed black glasses, gray sony headphones around his head, a book with colourful paper tabs in his lap and a pencil resting in his right hand.

the blonde glances briefly up from the binded pages because of a change in his peripherals.