_𝗪𝗜𝗟𝗟 ft. 𝗶𝘄𝗮𝗼𝗶

[ pining iwaizumi hajime & "oblivious" oikawa tōru ]
= status : 954 wrds , may 2021

iwaizumi hajime doesn't entertain his thoughts of romantic love often, for good reason. avoids it for the most part. he doesn't like thinking about feelings. he doesn't like talking to the guidance counselor. but now he can't avoid them. because it's strong, it's too much. to take from 'a streetcar named desire', it was all at once and much, much too quickly.

blame oikawa tōru, is what hajime would say. if he wasn't as in love as he is with that adorable and attractive and perfect bastard he regrets calling shitty or assy. now, if you asked who to blame, he'll say himself. then proceed to scream into his pillow and cry out of unrequited feelings.

surely, you're lying about his crush not loving– liking him back—you may be asking. hajime will wish you're right. he will wish that, instead of the negative thoughts he has running around his maybe-adhd-addled brain. however, he knows the truth.

the truth that tōru will never love him.

because he will be watching tōru accept another confession from one of his fans, because she's cute.

he will be sitting on tōru's bed when he's asking for his opinion on what he should wear, despite tōru being more stylish than he is (as much as he hates to admit it).

he will be waiting for that text from tōru saying the date went well, saying that he and that girl are now dating.

he will be seated next to tōru at lunch where he and his girlfriend enter that honeymoon stage of being in a relationship.

he will be comforting tōru when she breaks up with him, because she feels he's too focused on volleyball, despite it being so true.

he will be listening to tōru complain about the reason a week later when he swears he's over her, because it's the same one they all use.

and he will be there for the next and next one until they graduate and part ways. because that's just how life is. that's how hajime's life is.

after every single one, hajime will get angry at the world. at tōru for screwing with his heart, at the girl who threw away something he wishes he has every single day, at himself for never doing shit about his feelings.

he will spike those sets from tōru harder, and elicit strange looks from his teammates who question his sudden power.

he will only slightly ignore tōru because he can't stand being too close or too far away.

hanamaki and matsukawa will ask him what's wrong and after he says he's fine, they'll connect the dots and figure out he has a crush on tōru. they'll tease hajime until they see the pained look on his face and try to convince him tōru likes him back. they'll mention tōru being the only one who can call him 'iwa-chan'. they'll mention tōru putting up with the insults and hits but only make hajime feel worse that he did that in the first place.