Velma's Past Part 3 (Last past chapter)

As Gretel was saying her prayers, they were interrupted by a shriek and withdrawal of the lightning bolt Amara sent for her. Gretel was able to push her shield of leaf aside to see the cause of her sister's screams.

The leaf moved to reveal Amara holding her left shoulder with her left hand. Rivulets of red trickled between her fingers. She was breathing heavily. To her left flank, a tall man with ginger hair and pale skin held a shovel, the edge covered in blood. Her blood.

Gretel realized that what Amara held was not her shoulder, but her arm. What was left of it. The rest had been gruesomely chopped off and lay next to her, in front of the man. Still spurting blood.

Amara shot a deadly look at her sister. She quickly took her blood covered hand and gestured towards her sister, once again grasping control of the naturous beast that is lightning. This time Gretel could not defend herself with her own magic. The bolt struck home, cleanly ripping through her chest. Her vision turned black, and she tumbled off the edge of the leaf she had been so carefully avoiding.

Amara whipped around to face her limb hacker. She raised her hand and dispersed the clouds above them. The renewed sunlight bursting through the clouds revealed the identity of her attacker. Marcellus, her once lover who had left for her sister.

Paralyzed by shock, Amara didn't move. Couldn't move.

Marcellus raised his blood stained spade, right hand on the handle up top and the other on the stick closer to the metal.

Time slowed.

Amara stared at her ex as he slammed the shovel to her ankle, right above the bone that made the rise of skin.

It split her skin apart, sliced through muscle and cracked bone, eventually landing on the leaf that held the two up in the air. Before she knew it, blood was pooling about their feet and a certain ringing was in the air. Almost like a voice, screaming. Amara realized this ringing was her own.

Still screaming bloody murder, Amara manages to stand, even using her handicapped leg. She hobbles towards her sister's husband, a deadly gleam in her eyes.

Marcellus dashes to the tower along the bridge that was formed earlier. Using the spade as a machete, he cuts away the vines and leaves blocking him from the tower window. He rips open the window doors, wary of Amara still limping towards him, halfway across the bridge already.

Marcellus jumps inside, seeing his deliriously sleeping daughter in her bed. He rushes to her side and shakes her awake.

"Daddy... I had the worst dream..." Velma sleepily told her father.

"Velma, up now. Get in ze vardrobe." He picks his daughter up and brings her to the wardrobe.

"MARCELLUS!!!" Amara shrieked at the window. Marcellus shuts his daughter in the wardrobe, locking it and turns to face his sister-in-law.

Using clear magic, Amara boosts herself to where he was standing with a gust of wind. She grabs his throat, holding him up.

Marcellus' face goes purple. He chokes and gasps for air. His fingers try to pull hers from his neck, but she was blinded by rage and has a need to kill.

Amara holds onto his neck long after his last death throes. She casts him aside.

Her vision had been going blurry, with black around the edges. She hadn't noticed the child shoved into the cabinet. Amara turned around, and went out to search for the last one. Velma.

Confused as to why her father put her in there, Velma unlocks the wardrobe from the inside by moving the gears. She tumbles out, and lands face to face with her father.

She sees the bruises along his neck, in the form of a hand. "Daddy, wake up! Augustus is gone! She killed him! Where's Mommy? Daddy? DADDY!!!"'

Velma sat next to her father's body and sobbed. Then she realized her mother might still be out there. Wiping the tears away from her face, she runs to the window.

Looking out, she sees the changes that happened as she was sleeping. The covering of leaves and vines around the tower, the stalk with a broad leaf on top, blood covering the leaf with a trail to the window.

The two dead bodies on the floor of the courtyard. One male, one female. One she knew was dead and was killed in front of her, one killed when she could not see.

In anger, she dragged her father's body to the leaf. How could you leave me, Mother, Father? Leave me in this solitude...

Using the offensive fingering, she lit it up. Velma watched as her mother, father and brother's bodies reared up in flames along with the greenery of the courtyard.

Sobbing, Velma aimlessly ran towards the kingdom. She collapsed in front of a cottage, not far from the castle.

A boy, her own age, about 12 or 13, came out of the house and saw her body on his front lawn. "Mother, Father, we have someone here! She looks tired!"

And so Velma's life fell apart, and she met the love of her life: Gunther.

--------------------------------------------

Sorry for the wait folks! No one really seemed to be into this as much as I have...

So I decided to keep it up! I'll try to post once a week, per story... Besides the QnA, that I'll just answer as people request. If you ever want an update before the weekend, tell me and I'll try my best. Have a good weekend everyone!