Chapter 8

Chapter 8

34

Shego was cleaning up a plate Drakken had broken. The pieces all over the floor looked like how he felt. What she had shown him had just blown his mind. He got courage up to say, "You're insane woman!"

"Eh, maybe." Shego mumbled and tossed the plate pieces into the garbage can. "You're gonna find it more insane with what I'm about to tell you."

** **

Just a few days later Kim leapt down from the rooftop of a three story house and landed firmly on her feet. The Hamilton mansion in Upperton had been robbed. The culprits were still here and in sight. Drakken and Shego of course. They'd stolen a necklace, a one of a kind original.

Kim didn't have anything handy on her except her Kimmunicator. Wayne was having technical problems with it and barely told Kim in time about the robbery. With the device not working right Kim had to run after them. This didn't help. Drakken and Shego had a new improved hovercraft.

Shego waved joyfully as Kim stood there looking up at her. "Bye, bye, Kimmie!" She turned around and looked at Drakken. "Can we please go get a massage? I'm in desperate need of one."

Drakken smirked. "Oh, yes, and I can get me a minty flavored tea at the spa!" He did love to be pampered.

35

Later that night Shego was admiring the emerald and diamond necklace. It was shaped like star with a rare red stone in the center of it. Luann Hamilton should have never left it carelessly draped around the neck of a mannequin in her dressing room.

"You know you have to give that back." Kim said, standing in the doorway. Shego whirled around to see her. "I bribed the Henchmen with Lady Gaga tickets." Kim smiled from ear to ear.

"You found their weakness, Cupcake. How?" Shego asked as she took the necklace off and held it in her hand.

"Let's say Drakken loves his play toys." Kim laughed. "He's trying to figure out the biggest Rubik's cube ever. Wade had it made for me. It's gonna take him days or even weeks to solve it."

Shego slowly walked up to Kim. "Here." She handed the necklace over. Kim was stunned, but not stunned that Shego shoved her to the ground. Kim shoved the necklace into her back pocket and zipped it up. She then took off after Shego. She heard the laughter of her foe. She loved that laugh and fought with her emotions to get the job done.

Kim felt the heat of a huge blast of green plasma fly past her head. "Damn it!" She ran faster and threw herself into a variety of gymnastics moves to get closer to Shego.

"Holy!" She heard Shego yell out two feet in front of her. Then there was silence.

Ron sat there like Mr. Sit Down would on top of Shego. It was in thanks to Wade's Wide Load or Butt Sizer he had installed in Ron's new mission pants. A great belt and everything to go with it! "Look K.P.! I got her! For real!" He was so proud of himself.

"Ron, press the down sizer button please." Kim said as she looked down at Shego. Ron sighed, now upset. He didn't want to, but he pressed a button on the side of his belt and deflated the large backside.

Kim watched as Shego opened her eyes. "Please tell me that just didn't happen." Shego begged. "Stoppable sat on me?"

Kim and Ron laughed until they were both red in the face.

Shego rolled onto her back and saw Kim's smile. Hot damn! The girl is beautiful, she thought.

36

Kim helped Shego stand up. "I have a confession." Shego's mind went into overdrive. What came out of Kim's mouth next wasn't what she was expecting, at all. "I'm taking a long break. The world needs to call someone else for a while. All the chaos, all the missions and I'm just tired. I wanna go to Italy and not just to save someone or someone's stolen items. I wanna see Italy, Paris and more the way it's meant to be seen. Like a tourist. I need a very long vacation."

Shego agreed. She too need to get away for a while. "You're really gonna do this?"

Kim looked to Ron, smiled and looked at Shego. "I need to. Yes, Global Justice knows. I told them yesterday. I'm officially retired at midnight tonight. They said I can come back whenever I'm ready to go back."

"I really like kicking your butt though." Shego complained.

"Ditto," Kim said. "I'll miss kicking yours as well."

Shego sighed and said, "Unzip me." If Kim was gonna take time off then she was too. "Don't worry I have a black tank top on and matching shorts underneath. It's not like I'd go commando underneath the suit." She laughed and Ron as well as Kim too.

"I wouldn't blame ya if you did. Doesn't it get hot in that thing?" Ron said to Shego.

"Nope." Shego said as Kim unzipped the suit. The inside of it was lined with a thin layer of cool mesh. Also a lining to prevent any bodily sweat. Kim had never seen it before. Kim thought she'd probably had it especially made just for her.

The suit was off and Kim walked around to face Shego. Her eyes darted toward her cleavage, but that's not what had caught her eyes. "What's that under your top?" She pointed and Shego backed away.

"Geez touchy feely, Kimmie. It's a bra." Shego said and rolled her green eyes.

"No!" Kim walked up to her and pushed the tank's fabric aside to get a better look.

Shego jerked back in surprise and anger.

Ron noticed it too. "When did you get a tattoo?"

A few days ago, Shego thought to herself.

37

Shego hated them staring her down. "It's personal." She fixed her tank top and hid it. Kim hadn't seen the whole thing thankfully.

Kim's mind went back in time, but not that far back. Recently she'd done something she thought she'd truly regret. No one knew about it either. Instead of bringing that up she said, "I'm thinking of getting my hair cut."

The looks of terror on Shego and Ron's faces made her stomach churn violently.

"No! You're perfect the way you are!" Shego spat out without thinking. A huge wave of dread swept over her. Oh Crap. All the feelings were coming back. The kiss replayed in her mind. She saw it on Kim's face too. Both remembering, both wanting each other, but neither one moved.

Kim's mind swirled in thoughts. Then she remembered her dream. The one she had not too long ago. "Please tell me that tattoo on your skin doesn't have anything to do with me, Shannon."

Oh no! Shego knew Kim was extremely serious. "I . . . can't do that." She whispered.

Kim's caught the words and forced herself to move toward Shego. She removed her purple mission shirt and stood there in her bra and pants. This is the one thing she'd never regret. Shego's eyes widened in great shock. Ron didn't know what to do. So he just stood there watching them.

Shego traced the tattoo on Kim's soft, fragile skin. A circle with a heart and an S inside of it. It was exactly like hers, but with a K in it.

"I love you, Shannon." Kim said looking into her eyes. "I'm tired of fighting and hiding myself. I love you and,"

And Kim said nothing more as Shannon attacked Kim's mouth with heated passionate kisses. Both wrapped in their own world of pure bliss as Ron smiled in embarrassment. He was happy for them. He only hoped they weren't about to rip each others clothes off. Not that he'd mind, but it was his best friend and her girlfriend.

Awkward.