Chapter 9

Chapter 9

38

Six months had passed by.

Kim had told her parents and the rest of her friends and family about herself. Finally happy, a bad-ass beautiful girlfriend and lots of love and support from everyone around her, or so it seemed.

Jim sat behind his desk at home. Pen in hand and staring at the sentences he'd written.

'Dear, Kimmie-Cub,

I'm confessing that I do not care for your relationship with Shannon. I thought all these years you and Ron would end up together. Sadly, I'm wrong. I've tried to smile and be happy for you. I still love you, but I can't look at you the same way. '

That's as far as he'd gotten. His stomached churned in repulsion. His little girl with a woman. An older woman at that. He wondered to himself if Kim wanted children. Knowing she wouldn't create them heterosexually made tears fall from his eyes. Was there anything he could do to talk Kimmie into dating a boy?

Jim sat quietly for a good while before putting the paper and pen in his brief case and locking it away.

Sipping his black coffee Jim walked from his home office to the living room. Ann was watching the news. "Guess nothing about Kimmie saving something or someone?" He said as he sat next to his wife.

Ann smiled and relaxed next to him. "No, dear. Kim isn't saving people right now, remember? She's still "On a long hiatus," as she told me."

A bang and clang sound came from upstairs. "Mom!" The twins said in unison.

"Science never sleeps!" Jim yelled out as Tim followed him down the stairs. Both carried huge bags filled with unknown items.

"What are you doing?" Ann questioned them.

Jim looked guilty. "Uh, building a new type of magnifying telescope." He sort of lied.

Tim pulled his brother forward and out the door. "Yeah a telescope to look into millions of unsuspecting homes." Tim's eyes narrowed in a sly way and a big Joker type of smile came to his face.

"Hicka Bicka Boo?" Jim laughed.

"Hoo sha!" Tim raised his hand up and Jim met his to slap it. Together they went to the open garage and went to the long plastic black container. Their names scratched into the lid's top with the word OURS  in huge scratched lettering. No one dared to touch this. Though both parents were suspicious. In the container was tons of random things, they pulled out their FuelaSolar Skates.

Wayne, Kim's tech guy, had made for them for their birthday's this year. He was even thinking of marketing them to make money. With sunlight the skates recharged to make them go faster even if barely coasting in them. They were designed so that people of any age could use them. If wet they decreased in power, that was the only drawback to the skates. Wayne was currently trying to fix that problem.

The twins took off and set out on a little adventure.

"You look sad." Ann said to her husband almost an hour later.

Jim nodded. "The kids are growing up so fast, Ann. I miss them." He sighed and squeezed her hand. "I need to tell you something."

Ann encouraged him. "Yes, honey?"

Jim swallowed a breath and stood up. He looked down at her. "This whole thing with Kim being with a girl is wrong."

Ann nodded sadly. "It's who she is, James."