Chapter 2

Shego saw the strange terror in Kim's eyes. Kim though was getting rather hungry. Still Shego had asked her out - sort of. Her feet felt locked in place as Shego's tude came back. The eye roll, the lack of impatience. The Shego she knew so well, the annoyed one. Of course fed up, Shego turned and walked off. Almost three feet away, she turned back to say, "Do I really have to drag you outta here? Get to stepping, K.P." 

Kim was even more rattled now. K.P.? Shego had never ever called her that. It was Ron's thing! 

Shego even more annoyed now and snapped her fingers in front of Kim's face. "Cupcake, I'm severly famished here. Let's go. Need a burger now!" 

"Okay." Kim said faintly. "Where are we going?" 

"Nova Brava. You know the newest hippest burger joint in town." Shego told her. 

"The one with the alien themes?" That sent cold chills through Kim. 

Shego cringed she was thinking the same thing Kimmie was. "We don't have to go there."

"No. It's fine, Shego. I'll meet up with you soon." Kim said, with a fake big smile on her face. 

Shego left her there alone. She fought with staying, but her stomach convinced her otherwise. 

Kim replayed the awkward moments of the hug and kiss. "She kissed me." She whispered to herself. "You're crazy, Possible. There's no way that you have feelings like that. No way at all. She'd felt Shego's heart beat against her skin even if it only lasted seconds. Wow, Shego actually had a heart?

Kim's mind raced. Thoughts of her nightmare/dream filled her head. That tattoo - could it be .  .  . true?  "No, it's stupid. It was a silly dream."  Wasn't it ? 

7

Shego had ordered three Bacon Blast Nova Brava burgers, two ranch hover onion rings, three fries, two cokes and chocolate molten lava cake. Kim found her and sat down. Geez, there was enough food here for eight people. "Take whatever you want." Shego said as she chewed a fry. "Oh, and no fighting the rest of the day. Lunch and home, okay?" 

"Sure and thanks for lunch. I promise I'll pay you back."  Kim grabbed a ranch dipped onion ring and ate it. 

Shego wondered why Kim seemed so distant-distracted and disconnected. She could only image what was going through her mind. Either the destruction of Middleton from the Lorwardians or a boy. Shego rolled her eyes at the thought of Ron. He was so not good for Kim, knowing they'd dated in the past. 

Seeing them happy had really made her sick. Whoa! Shego thought. No! Jealous? Her? Shego snorted. 

"What's funny?" Kim asked curiously. 

Shego responded fast. "Oh,  just operation Gerkin." She noticed the way Kim raised her eyebrows in question. "Drakken couldn't open a simple pickle jar for days. When I got home after going all nice teacher he asked me to open it. Must've been seriously pounded on, since it just popped open for me. You really had to be there." 

Kim pictured it and she laughed out loud. It actually was quite funny. 

After lunch, a short conversation and a few laughs Shego said, "Next time we meet up just know that your butt is gonna get kicked." She didn't wait for Kim to respond, running away was best. 

Kim let her go. Next time, yes, it would be so on! 

8