Chapter 1

Today Is December 14th 1877; I shall be becoming sixteen years of age on this present day, on contrary it feels like a funeral. Every year, on this exact day, a smile is to never arise, a weep could occasionally appear and black must only be worn.

My name is Amelia, Princess Amelia Albert. Why is my last name the same as papas you may ask? Simple, I am never to heir. I must never become Queen of England, not only has mama signed it in both her heart and on a sheet, but I also have nine older siblings in throne before me, I do love my relatives immensely, though it cannot be said to be mutual.

On this exact day thousands across Great Britain mourn, for the death of Prince Albert, My father. Today commemorates sixteen years of his death. Everyone is locked away at home and lights a candle as remembrance, thus explaining why thousands of candles lie around our palace in broad daylight.

My fathers' portrait stands proudly at the end of my corridor, he was and always will be a king everyone loved and cherished. His blue eyes would stare back deeply into my ocean eyes, lost without his human figure standing beside me

"I am sorry papa" I whisper under my breath whilst staring at my deceased father, a frown was slowly replacing his astounding smile

It is said that the minute a soul is lost; it is instantly being replaced in that exact second. I was born the second papa died, being I who took his life. No one in my family recognises me; even the public sees me as a disgrace. It is I who has caused this sadness, across Britain.

"Princess Amelia, it is time for your bath." My servant, Anne ordered me. It is astonishing, the fact that a servant is ordering her higher rank, but I want her to order me, the way a mother should.

Anne removed my night gown and lets it lay on the floor, my naked body relaxed itself in the bath tub,the Warm water leaves the metal bucket and gently caresses my pale skin leaving it instantaneously cold once the water departs from my body.

"Madam, you must wear something nice today, preferably black, as the queen wishes to see you." My head immediately jerked towards the women who raised me. My mother wishes to see me. Oh how long I have wished to hear these words. The day mother searches for my eyes instead of me for hers.

I danced around my closet, trying to find a beautiful dress fit for a queen. A light baby gown caught my eye having the white lace on the dress gave it perfection. I picked it up and showed Anna. She gave me a bizarre look but placed it on me anyway.

Once dressed Anne led me the way to my mothers hideaway, her room. During this long journey to the queens' room, the thought has finally triggered me. It is my fathers anniversary of his death today, mama would probably go to another planet to not see the sight of me, so why today? Honest to god I am relieved my mother wishes to see me and not the other way around. However what does she want?

"She only wants to remind the sadness you have caused; perhaps she is going to punish you, order you to be dead."The whispers playing around my mind answered the question I longed to get answered, but I locked them away, hoping the reasons for my appointment is nothing but positive.

My nervousness began to shine uncontrollably, my hands started to sweat producing more water than the Atlantic Ocean, The shake around me only seems to be felt by me, as if a mini earthquake for only my eyes, and the heart inside my body, was beating uncontrollably fast.

We were hauled at a large magnificent double door, these doors could determine a better future, I hope. Anne knocked on the door to let my mother know about my arrival. Behind the enclosed door a faint, "Come in", was heard which was obviously the queen. Anne pushed the door open, and then gave me a tap on the back as a little reassurance; at least I know she would always be there for me. I took a deep breath and took the first step into my mothers den.

A large womans back could be seen from my angle, to be frankly honest, I do not know how mama really looks; all I knew is from the paintings held around the house. From those I saw a young vibrant and admirable lady. However that is said by a painting. Portraits could hold a million lies, but set out a sensational aura.

This woman slowly got up; she took her time, but eventually turned around and faced me. Her eyes grew, doubling its original size, the frown upon her face never departed.

"How dare you wear a blue dress, black must always be worn on this day!" I was gobsmacked, the fact that my mother's first words to me were so harsh, scarred me.

"Why must I wear black on my birthday?" I answered back at once, I do not know where all my confidence came from but it pained me to be so rude and delinquent however must I pay respect to a woman who pays none back?"

"You know very well today is no lucky day! How dare you pay no respect to the perfect man who exchanged his life with yours." That was harsh, I am sorry for my farther death but am I all to blame, or only partially?

"Is it my fault I was born? Am I really to blame?" Instead of being answered back an instant pain was felt on my right cheek, never have I been touched so vulgarly, and to say it was my very own mother who laid a hand upon me, probably frightens me way more than it should have. I laid my soft hand on my blisters, trying to prevent a tear about to arise.

"Don't ever raise your voice and use that tone towards me young lady, I am respected upon millions, a peasant like yourself better stay in here place." I knew very well that I should have shut my mouth but instead all my emotions started flooding out.

"How would I know how to tune my voice when I am talking to a mere stranger." I could feel the deadly aura surrounding us; her deathly glare proved to me that I would no longer be alive, if it was not for her people knowing about me during her pregnancy.

"Look young lady I am not here for you to get to know me, in fact I am here to illustrate some great news, so if I were you that mouth of yours should stay enclosed."I followed her instructions and waited patiently for her to proceed with the news.

"As you may very well know, you are now at a decent age of marriage; i have found you a great man for whom you shall spend the rest of your life with." A marriage? I just became sixteen for heavens sake!

"I desire no marriage unless if it is I the one who falls in love." Ever since I was a young petite girl, love was the one thing worth looking most forward to. The fact that just one person could love me, bought a smile upon my face. The girl who was hated by everyone had only one person who keeps her safe within his arm.

"How obscure, you two shall fall in love after marriage, the way me and Albert did. Beside no one else would offer themselves into marrying the girl who took away our king, luckily this man who gave himself up for you is a family member and told us he would be gland to marry you." A family member?? The reason for marriage is to leave your current family to form a new one. Why would i want to stay in a family where hatred is the only look I receive towards me.

"Then be it, I would rather stay single then marry out of pity."I said.

"I do not remember asking for your permission. You shall marry your cousin Eric, whether you wish to or not, you shall meet him tomorrow at our ball, now get out of my room as the sight of you sickens me!" She went back and sat on the edge of her bed staring out of the window. I followed her orders and left, shutting her double doors loudly.

I stormed into my room on the other side of the palace, once the doors were shut. My body leaned upon the wall, a tear created a passage down my face. I know very well the only reason I am off to marry, is so the queen would not have to look or even hear about me ever again. It pained me to realise it. Why can't my mother be here holding me insisting me to never leave our family, instead of opening the door wide open.

-----------------------------------------------------

Hiya,

Hope you like this chapter, thank you for reading it.

I do not mean to offend the queen as i have no right to considering i have never met her (DUH!!) >.

please comment what you think about is and if you like it vote :)))

Thank woo ;)