Chapter 7

I held my head high as I proceeded to go down the stairs. Not one person lowered their gaze, however I am quiet confused, whether their eyes held lust or anger. Once I stood at the bottom of the stairs. I took a breath of fresh air. The air gushed within me as if I have never breathed before.

Now here I stand  awkwardly, not very sure where I should go next. luckily my sister, Helena took this as a queue to approach me with a very large smile plastered on her face, one of which I was  a hundred and ten percent  sure It was not genuine.  " My dear sister Amelia, you look stunning tonight! Come lets go and join mama we were awaiting for your arrival rather impatiently if I do say so myself."

I followed my sister to the royal table at the front, on an elegant stage, with golden drapes behind the long table filled with food enough to feed the country. My whole family including those that lived abroad sat on the table together, communicating with one another, ignoring the silence of the public.

Once I stood at the foot of the table, it went silent. they all looked at me most of which held horror in their gazes whilst the small handful held love, one of which was my older brother, Edward. He offered me a petite smile, which of course it has gone unnoticed. I offered a barley recognisable smile back.

The queen offered a fake smile, one of which the crowd thought it was a lovely gesture of a mother, little do they know the truth. "Amelia come and sit beside me and let us celebrate your 16th as not only the family that lives within this palace but also the British people who live across Britain and allow us to rule this country." The crowd roared, all of them cheering with joy. I took my designated seat beside the queen She took my hand and digged her long nails into my frail skin. I ignored the pain and gave an  emotionless face.

Then the music began again, a central stage consisted of  coordinated dance movements preformed by the people of Britain. Luckily Anna taught me all of these movement but never was i lucky enough to dance with the opposite sex.  My eyes scanned the crowd, a crowd full of women dressed stunningly and men dressed sophisticatedly. But then my eyes layed on a boy who was staring at me, his eyes not once flickered or flinched. I wonder who he is and why does he not perhaps look away. Perhaps because your the most detested princess across the global, the voice in my head spoke.

We both stayed still and not once looked away, that was until I felt my shoulders touched by an unfamiliar hand. I turned to be greeted by a  rather ghastly man in his late twenties. "Hello princess it is lovely to be finally able to meet my future wife. It would be a pleasure if you could dance with me for the next dance." I just sat there looking  gobsmacked. Before I could even processes what he has asked me, the queen answered.  "She would be pleasured to." He nodded and walked away to the other side of the table. me, being still rather shook sat there staring in the abis with my mouth forming an "o" shape. "Lord close your mouth child, and next time be thankful. Ungrateful child." And that was the words of the queen.

The current song finished to quickly for my liking and here stands the man demanding me to dance with him for the next dance. As promised I took his hand and got up. As a deja vu everyone fell silence once I got up, and as we made our way towards the dance platform everyone took a step back. To call this situation awkward is an understatement. 

when the first song began we were the only ones dancing , everyone stood around us in a circle and stared at us dance. I noticed the boy, I was previously staring at standing among the crowd. His tall figure most definitely does not go unnoticed. I can't seem to let go of the gaze we keep offering. To say he is the most handsome man I have ever met is not a lie at all.

I kept looking at him whilst twirling that is until I heard the comment of one of the ladies among the crowd.  "Why does princess Amelia keep looking towards this direction. Do you think she found one of our gowns rather stunning?." I heard a handsome chuckle, one I can predict is from the man whose gaze I cannot seem to forget. I could feel my face redden, I instanty looked down whilst me and my partner took steps forward then steps back whilst holding a pair of our hands. Standing in a line. The first song finished with a twirl from the two of us.

"Well that was rather embarrassing to be watched by everyone, but I understand why they would watch us." I looked at him blankly, I noted this man enjoys hearing the sound of his own, rather annoying voice. "and why would they be staring at us ?" I questioned. He looked at me, as If I was ignorant to not know the reason why people would spend their time to stare at us .

"Obviously because they blame you for the murder of your father and me being the wonderful prince loved across Britain, they are thanking me for being the man to marry the inhumane disgusting beast that stands in front of me, I took one for the team." He laughed so loud and beastly, it made me squirm whilst I stood there, baffled. 

Before I could process what he said, and respond he walked away. Fuming I started marching towards him. Who is this man to talk to me like a dog, even dogs deserved much more respect then this man. I continued stomping towards him, barley being of arms length away from him, ready to grab him and give him a piece of my mind, but  suddenly someone grabbed my arm and I could feel these enlighten addictive sparks. 

Don't you worry bout him love, he's a right old bastard."

I turned around to be meet by a pair of hazel eyes.