4

"We are not paid enough for this." Neji grumbled.

"Way to go breaking the news to her like that, champ." Sasuke muttered in amused tone, he was hidden underneath a cloak as he walked passed Neji.

The two bodyguards were currently walking inconspicuously with an unconscious Princess in Neji's arms. Sasuke was tasked to walk stealthily under the shadows while Neji had to carry the Princess all the way to their safe house. A huge mansion that once belonged to a feudal lord that secretly served the late king.

"Hey handsome." Mirai, the mansion keeper, greeted Neji once he arrived at the mansion. "Who's the damsel in distress?" She gestured to the sleeping Princess in his arms.

"My wife." Neji answered curtly.

Mirai gasped at that answer, she had been eyeing him from the day he made the deposit for the mansion a week before that day. He and another handsome man were the talk of town. Mysterious and cool. They did not look much like husband material to her.

"What happened to her?" Mirai asked him as she helped him with the door.

"Dehydration? Exhaustion? I don't know. Pick one." Neji replied coldly.

"Ah.. I know what this is." Mirai exclaimed thoughtfully. Neji tensed at the remark she made before she continued, "Arranged marriage? She must not be the woman of your choice, is she?"

Neji sighed out a breath of relief, he cursed himself inwardly, he needed to start practicing his acting wisely. If Mirai the airhead already knew something was up, that meant anyone in town could too.

"Look, what's your name again?" Neji asked her irritably, "Nevermind, I don't really care to know for that matter. I am not a person who enjoy being in a conversation. If she is not the woman of MY choice, why would I bother to carry her all the way here? Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to attend to her needs."

Mirai stepped aside to let him gain access to the mansion, she giggled gleefully and squealed softly, "He is so hot."

Neji went up to the mansion with the door already opened by non other than Sasuke. He nodded at the Uchihaa before walking straight up towards Tenten's designated room. He placed the Princess on the bed and left the room quickly.

"I told you she will be better as YOUR wife than mine." Neji grumbled at the cloaked figure before him.

"No." Sasuke replied adamantly, "We made a bet. And you lost. Whoever loses becomes her pretend husband."

Neji scoffed as he unbuttoned the first few buttons of his white top, he threw his shirt to the side and walked to the kitchen and took out a glass of water.

"The mansion keeper is already suspicious." Neji muttered as he drank his water.

Sasuke scoffed, "Yes that was before you gave her your answer. That was pretty good. Let's be honest to ourselves Hyuuga. Both of us would make horrible husbands. I guess you just have to act better now."

Neji gave the Uchihaa a hard glare. He knew that the Sasuke was messing about with him. Neji did not know how to act as someone's husband, let alone, lover.
Neji had never had time to even date, he was busy honouring his late father's wishes to help the royal family. He has a goal and an objective; to find the perpetrators behind his father's death. His uncle was of no help at all. Neji was confident that his uncle might be one of the reasons behind his father's death. But he had no solid proof, his only lead was the royal family.

Save them- his father had said.

Protect them- his father had said.

Only they have the ability to end our misery. - his father had said.