10

"So you are saying.. You can help me to unleash my jutsu? I thought that's just a myth? Only previous Shinobis of the olden age were able to unlock that. That kind of went downhill as generations passed." Neji spoke.

"In case you haven't NOTICED my dear capable bodyguard, I do have certain access into SOME of my jutsu. Does that make me a child's fairytale story too?" Tenten snapped.

"You are a princess, your grace. So that does fit the bill.." Sasuke started but was interrupted by Neji.

"..unless you prefer to be a witch instead in the said bedtime story."

Tenten gave Neji a dirty look which he took it in well.

"Lay off of her will you?" Sasuke muttered irately.

Before Neji could reply to Sasuke, Tenten started, "My vision showed you awakening your jutsu but it doesn't show HOW I help you to get THERE."

"So.. in short.. your visions are pretty much useless." Neji exhaled, clearly annoyed.

Tenten wanted to debate again, but this time, she did realise that there was nothing she could reply him with. He was right. She was as stumped about this as much as he was. The comeback that Neji was waiting for came in the form of an offended looking Princess nodding curtly towards Sasuke; ignoring Neji totally and stalked away to her bedroom.

The moment Tenten shut her door tightly behind her, Sasuke whacked Neji on the arm. Neji spun around angrily to find that Sasuke looked pretty deadly.

"What the~" Neji started but was stopped by Sasuke's low growl.

"Can you ATTEMPT to be NICER to her? Why are you ATTACKING someone who is CLEARLY on OUR side?!" Sasuke finished, clearly unimpressed with Neji's behaviour of late.

Neji had to digest this piece of information. This was RARE. The Uchihaa NEVER CARED how he behaved around others. That was why they clicked well with each other. Because BOTH of them were cold towards anyone and everyone around them. They were even given a ridiculous nickname "The Brick Brothers." Hard as rock; on the inside and the outside. But now, it seems that the illusionist has developed feelings within himself? What could have possibly started this?

Neji heard some shuffling from Tenten's room, maybe perhaps she was pacing back and forth in her room. His eyes then darted slowly back to the Uchihaa. Realisation struck him right then.

"You LIKE her. Don't you?" Neji concluded.

Sasuke scoffed as he looked away. "What are you on about?" He mumbled.

It took Neji a while to register this, but as soon as he noticed it, he was amazed how he did not see this before. Sasuke even COMPLIMENTED Tenten a while ago. Calling her a Princess from a fairytale. Sasuke getting annoyed at Neji for constantly debating with the Princess. The Sasuke Uchihaa; the one who DOES NOT hold a conversation for more than a minute was telling NEJI off.

"Sasuke. She is a PRINCESS. She is of the royal household. Commoners like us will NEVER be considered as a suitor. You do understand this right?" Neji started.

Sasuke clenched his teeth. His hands balled into fists. He knew. Of course he knew THAT. But what could he do? It was not like he had a choice. He just dove right in. It was like Sasuke had to free fall; free falling into the unknown. The way she healed him selflessly, knowing that she COULD die in the process, made Sasuke realise how amazing this woman was. Nothing like his stepmother was.

"I do." Sasuke spoke quietly. "Just shut up about it will you? I know. But.. the LEAST we COULD do is to be NICE to her and offer her the best of our capabilities. Not be an arse around her all the time. I mean seriously dude, LOOK at what YOU did. She was TRYING to help YOU. Way to go pushing her away like that."