𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞 ; the battle of starcourt

"EL, WHAT'S wrong?" Mike exclaimed, rushing over to her. "My leg." 

Jonathan was quick to unwrap her leg. The bite was swollen and red. Something began to move from the inside of her skin, making everyone's eyes widen.

"Keep her talking, keep her awake!" Jonathan said before running off. "You know, it's not that bad. There was a. . . the goalie on my soccer team, Beth Wildfire. This other girl slid into her leg and the bone came out of her knee, six inches or something, It was insane." 

"Robin?" Carol spoke. "Yeah?"

"You're not helping." Steve panicked.

"I'm sorry."

Jonathan returned, carrying a heated knife, a wooden spoon, and rubber gloves. "Alright, El? This is gonna hurt like hell, okay? Bite down on this." He said this as he handed the spoon to Mike, who carefully placed it in El's mouth. Jonathan raised the knife to El's leg before turning to Mike and Carol.

"Do it," they chorused.

El screamed as Jonathan cut open her leg, then dug his fingers into the wound to remove whatever was in her leg.

"No! Stop it!" El yelled as she yanked the spoon from her mouth. "I can do it." She cried. 

El screamed and stuck her hand out, using her powers to pull the slimy thing out of her. El threw the monster out of her leg and onto the concrete floor.

When somebody crushed it with their shoe.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

The group piled into the car as Scoops Troop made their way to Cerebro to communicate with Hopper, Joyce, and Murray, who were about to close the gate.

"What's wrong?" Jonathan asked. Nancy tried to start the car, but it wasn't working.

"I— I don't know. You can't be serious! Come on!" She replied as she kept turning the key in.

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked. 

"Yes. I'm sure it's fine." Nancy said, trying not to get annoyed. 

"Did you leave the lights on?" Will questioned. "No."

"Do we have gas?" Carol asked.

"Yes! Come on!" she raised her voice. "Woah, woah, woah. Stop. Pop the hood," Jonathan told, getting out of the car. He walked to the front and lifted the hood. "What the hell?"

"What?" Nancy got out of the car and approached Jonathan. "The ignition cable is gone."

They were startled to hear the engine roar. They all turned their heads. It was Billy, and Amelia was in the passenger seat next to him. Will's eyes widened at the girl, and Carol followed his gaze. Her eyes widened. Amelia's eyes glowed with rage and hatred. But it wasn't her. The Mind Flayer got to her.

Nancy banged her hands on the window. "Back in the mall! Go! Go!" 

"Will, come on!" Carol screamed. Will got out of the car and gave Amelia one last look before sprinting back into the mall.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

"Get in the car, go!" Nancy pulled a gun from her pocket and started shooting. Billy was driving his car in the direction of the others. Nancy could see regret and rage in Amelia's eyes as the Mind Flayer took control of her.

"Shit! We gotta go!" Lucas screamed. The car approached the group closer and closer. Steve and Robin sped up and hit Billy's car before it could hit Nancy. Billy passed out, and Amelia fainted after hitting her head on the window.