Chapter 8: I Love You

I pull away from his lips and smile into his chest. How did I get so lucky? Justin walks further into the water with me still wrapped around his waist. He stops when we're waist deep. I look deep into his eye.

"You're gorgeous," he says, looking down at me. I blush, but remain quiet. "No, really. You're the prettiest girl I've ever met."

"It feels like we've been together forever, but it's only been a day." I whisper.

"I know, babe, I know."

I tighten my arms around his neck and kiss him. I can feel him smiling into the kiss and I break away laughing. He looks at me, puzzled by my laughter. Just as I'm about to explain myself, a huge wave comes up behind us and the next thing I know is I'm surrounded by freezing water. I get up quickly and breathe in deeply. I look over at Justin and see how hard he's laughing. Fine. I get up and start walking towards the shore.

"Babe, where are you going?" he calls out between all the laughter.

"Home." I say through clenched teeth. This catches his attention. He begins to run toward me.

"Come on, are you seriously mad about this? You fell! You should've seen your face!" I look at him, frowning.

"You let me fall on my ass!" I say, raising my voice.

"I didn't know you were gonna fall. Come on, please? Do you forgive me?" he says. And looking at his face for the millionth time today, there's absolutely nothing to forgive.

"Of course."

We spend the rest of the day either splashing each other in the water or laying down in the sand kissing. By noon I'm starving so we head to the boardwalk in search of food. We pass by a few vendors and a bright sparkle catches my attention. I put my hand on Justin's arm, signalling that I want to stop. I reach forward and touch the object that shined brilliantly. It's a small palm tree necklace. Next to it is a sign that says CUSTOMIZE ANY NECKLACE. I smile at the short woman running the store and she smiles back.

"Can I get you anything?" she says.

I shake my head. "No, thanks though. Have a good day."

We continue up the boardwalk until we find a small seafood place . Justin takes my hand and leads me to a table.

"Why don't you look over the menu? I'll be right back." I nod.

Justin's POV

The smile on her face when she saw that palm tree necklace was beautiful, I'd love to see it again. I walk back into the store we were in earlier and head straight for the necklace. The same lady Selena talked to appears.

"Can I help you with something?" she asks, smiling.

"My girlfriend and I were looking at a palm tree necklace earlier. I'd like to get it for her."

She nods and brings it up from behind the counter. "I saw how much she liked it and didn't know if you would come back but it's like it was meant for her so I didn't want anyone else to have it." she admits sheepishly.

I smile. "Thank you, she's gonna love it."

She rings me up and places the necklace in a box as I hand her two twenties. I thank her once again and place the tiny box in my pocket.

I walk back to the restaurant and smile as I see my girl playing with her hair. I sneak up behind her and put my hands over her eyes.

"Guess who?" I say, a low chuckle leaving my throat.

She smiles and taps her chin with her index finger. "I don't know, but if you're cute, you better leave. My boyfriend will be back in a few minutes." I remove my hands and kiss her hello.

"I have something for you." I say.

She gives me a confused look. "Oh? And what might that be?"

I give her a stern look. "Close your eyes."

She does as she's told. I grab the box from my pocket and fish out the necklace. I move her hair out of the way and clasp it onto her neck.

"Open." I say.

She looks down and I can almost see tears forming in her eyes.

"You're amazing."

"I love you." I say.