Chapter 27: Mama Drama

Selena's POV

"Alright, Ms. Gomez, you're free to go. I'll see you again in six weeks to take that cast off." say my doctor as I get off the bed that has been my prison for the last few days.

I look up at a smiling Justin and he offers me his arm. I grab onto it firmly and he wraps his other arm around my waist. We begin to leave the room when a nurse comes in with a wheelchair.

I pout. "Do I have to?"

She smiles. "Just for right now, you shouldn't put any pressure on your foot. You can use the crutches once you get home."

I sigh. "Fine."

I lean onto Justin as they bring in the wheelchair and he carefully grabs my waist and helps me into it. My mom hands me my vase of roses and I place it in my lap. With one final look back at the hospital bed, I leave. Justin pushes me down the hall to the elevators without objection from my mom which is surprising. Just a few moments later, we reach the elevator and Justin pushes my chair into it. I close my eyes and try to keep my breathing steady as I feel the blood rush to my head. Less than a minute later, the feeling passes and we're back on leveled ground.

"I'll go get the car." my dad says.

"I'll go with you." my mom chimes in.

They walk out the hospital's glass entrance and I'm left alone with Justin once again. I look up at him a smile.

He smiles back. "What?"

I shake my head. "Kiss me."

"Whatever you want gorgeous." he says squatting down to my level.

The feel of his soft lips against mine leaves me feeling at home and comfortable. Nothing is better than this.

"There. Anything else?" he says smirking.

"Just that I love you." I say, bashful.

He caresses my cheek softly. "And I love you."

My mom walks back to use and gives Justin a harsh look.

"Ready?"

I nod. "Come on, Justin." I beckon.

My mom's face turns sour. "I think he can get home on his own." she says bitterly.

I frown. "Mom!"

Justin shakes his head. "Babe, it's okay. I'll meet you there." he says to me softly.

I sigh. "Fine."

He turns to face my mom. "Have a good day, Mrs. Gomez." Justin says politely.

She nods and waves her hand in a dismissing motion. "Let's go."

I turn to look back at Justin as my mom rolls my chair out of the hospital and helps me into the car.

"I don't know what you see in him, Selena. I don't even know how you can stand to talk to him when your accident was his fault." she says when dad begins driving.

I roll my eyes. " I love him, but I guess you'll never understand that. The accident wasn't even his fault, what do you even have against him?"

"He's not good for you." she says looking at my with a serious expression.

I shake my head. "Like you know what's good for me." I reply angrily.

"I'm your mother, of course I do. You should just go back to Nick. I can call him and he can come over for dinner..." she drifts on.

"No. I love Justin and I honestly don't give a damn if you think he's not good for me because he's the best guy I've ever met." I scream.

"Don't talk to me like that!" she screams back.

"Just let me do what I want." I say and block her out with my headphones the rest of the way home.

Justin's POV

I pull into Selena's driveway just as her dad helps her out of the car. She looks at me and her face lights up like a kid's on Christmas morning.

"Diego, help Selena inside. I want to talk to Justin." her mom calls out.

She walks toward me and waits until Selena and Mr. Gomez are in the house before she begins.

"Look, I don't know what you've said to my daughter to get her so infatuated with you, but it needs to stop. You're not good for her and I want you to leave her alone, okay? I don't like you and I sure as hell don't want to see you near Selena again. I want you to march into that house and break up with her because she's better off without you. Do you understand?"

I nod. "I understand, but I'm not going to break up with your daughter. I love her, believe it or not, and it's up to her to decide when she wants me out of her life. I'm staying until the day she sends me away and I'm sorry if you don't like that, but that's how it's going to be." I say, intensely.

"We'll see. I'm not letting my daughter be with someone like you." she sneers.

*************************************
Well, well, well, we got some conflict between Mama Gomez and Justin. This is only the tip of the iceberg though, I have so much more planned. I wish y'all a very Merry Christmas and the absolute best start to the new year! I'll see y'all in 2014 when I'm 15 :D ~Yazmin

Btw-In case you missed it, here's the previous author's note from Thursday, December 19th:

Hey lovelies! I know it's been a very long time since my last update but that's about to change! After my practices both tonight and tomorrow night, I'm going to proofread chapter 27 and I'll try to have it posted by 5 pm central time Saturday. Anytime after Saturday, I don't know when I can promise y'all another chapter. Things are just going to continue to be hectic until after January 12th. I know it's a long wait, but I'll try to make it worth you're while. But guess what? I'M TURNING FIFTEEN! IN 23 DAYS! I'M SO EXCITED I CAN'T EVEN WRAP MY HEAD AROUND IT! I hope y'all have the very best holiday season and enjoy all the time you get to spend with your family. I know I love Christmas because of all the family time. So I guess that's it. I'll see y'all Saturday :)

~XOXO Yazmin 😘