Chapter 10: Thought Of You

Justin's POV

We drive around for a while, Selena smiling the whole time. I reach over to wrap my hand around her's and give it a gentle squeeze. She turns to look at me with a shy smile.

"I love you." she whispers. I lift her hand up and kiss it.

"Those are now my three favorite words." I say. She gives me a big smile.

As I ride up her street, I find myself feeling sad that I have to let her go for the night. I look over at her, a small frown forms on her lips as well. I look forward and focus my attention on the road. As I park in her driveway, I see the lights in the house are on.

"Do you think your parents will mind you've been gone all day?" I ask her, concern weaving its way into my mind.

She shakes her hand. "I doubt they even noticed I was gone."

She undoes her seatbelt and I turn off the car. She turns her body so that she's facing me. She inches closer and I lean in so our lips touch. She leans in to my kiss, her tongue slowly finding its way into my mouth. She finally pulls away breathless and smiles at me sweetly. I get out to open her door for her and breath in deeply. I open the door and offer her my hand so she can get out. I open my arms and pull her into a tight embrace. I breathe in her sweet scent and lean down to give her a single kiss on her forehead.

"I'll call you later." I say.

Selena's POV

I walk into my house and lean against the doorjam to try and calm down my heart. Geez, what a cliché. My mom walks around the corner and she frowns as she sees me.

"Well, well, well. It's about time my daughter got home. You've been gone all day." she says.

I shrug. "You weren't here when I woke up and I was bored, sorry if you think having fun is overrated." I snap.

"Watch your tone with me young lady. And who was that boy that I saw you with outside?"

I look at her and square my jaw. "That 'boy' has a name. Justin's my boyfriend." I say.

She purses her lips. "What about Nick? He was such a nice boy, so proper. He's good husband material." she says.

I laugh. "Mother, I'm 17. I'm not even thinking about marriage right now. And as for Nick, I hope I never have to see that asshole ever again."

"Selena! We do not use that kind of language in this house!" she exclaims.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, I'm done talking to you. Good night."

I walk up to my room before my mother can say anything else and immediately jump in the shower. Once I'm completely sand-free, I slip into a plain white tanktop and gray sweatpants. I tie my hair up in a bun and retrieve my phone from my tote bag. Before I can even open up my unanswered texts, the phone begins to ring in my hands. I smile as I press answer and move the phone up to my ear.

Justin's POV

I drive home smiling. Selena just has that effect on me. I'll bet she can make anyone smile with just one look. I park my car and walk into my house quietly. I hear my mom talking to Jazzy in the kitchen, the smell of chocolate strong in the air.

"Justin!" I hear Jazzy say.

My smile widens and I kneel on the ground so I can give my little sister a hug. "How's my favorite princess?" I say.

Jazzy giggles. "Me and Mommy made cookies and...and Jaxon is asleep." she says.

She takes my finger in her little hand and she leads me to the kitchen where my mom is finishing taking the cookies off a cooling rack.

"Hey Mom." I say.

"Hey Justin, will you do me a favor?" she asks.

I nod. "Will you go put this little one up to bed?" she says, gesturing to Jazzy.

"Mom!!! I'm not even tired." Jazzy whines.

"Now Princess, you need to sleep. Come on, I'll read you a story." I say and her face lights up.

"Okay.

I carry Jazzy upstairs and help her change into her pajamas and brush her teeth. Once she's all tucked in, I grab the copy of The Lorax sitting by her bed.

"Are you sure you want me to read this to you?" I say.

She nods. "It's my favorite."

I exhale and open the book to the first page. "I am the Lorax! I speak for the trees..."

I close the book ten minutes later and kiss Jazzy's tiny head before I exit her room. I grab my phone from my pocket and check the time. 8:30 pm. I click on Selena's name and raise the phone to my ear as I walk to my room.

"Hey." she says. I can't help but smile.

"Hey babe. You miss me yet?" I say. I hear her laugh.

"Lol, sure. It's weird, I felt sad when you left."

"Yeah, it was like that for me too. Listen, how about you spend the day here tomorrow?" I say.

"At your house? I don't know. My mom was kinda pissed I wasn't home all day, but I'll try. Maybe after chruch." she says, struggling with a yawn.

"You tired babe?" I ask.

"Yeah, but it'll be okay."

"You can sleep if you want, I can call you tommorrow." I suggest.

"No, I wanna talk to y-....." she says, her sentence getting cut off. I smile to myself as I hear her breathing slow.

"Good night, babe. I love you. " I whisper.

I set the phone of my bed and slip my shirt over my head and slip on a pair of boxers. I get in bed and fall asleep to the sound of Selena's breathing.