Volume Two, Chapter Three (part 2)

"You're not thinking of running, are you?"

"... Eh?" My foot suddenly stopped in midair.

"If you do that... what do you think will happen to this boy here?"

"... Eh? Eh?" As I heard this, Naegi-kun's face changed from blue to white. Wow, what a colourful face he has!

"This is the last warning you get... so watch yourself. If you don't obey me, this guy's head will be tragically crushed in an unfortunate accident."

"Wh-what the..." I could only feel confused, both of them looked at me.

Say something - Madarai's stare intimidated me, like he was about to do something reckless.

Help me - Naegi-kun's eyes pleaded to me.

Intimidating eyes and pleading eyes.

Both were entirely focused on me and...

What a bother.

It was a bother to go to the hassle of doing either. There's nothing I would really be able to do, or wanted to do, I guess. That's why for me this was something that had...

"Nothing to do with me..."

That's right, it has nothing to do with me. Sure, I happened to be swept along with the current, but that's all, I wasn't involved with the creation of this situation at all. I don't even know anything about what happened, that's why it has...

"Nothingtodowithmenothingtodowithmenothingtodowithmenothingtodowithmenothingtodowithmenothingto dowithme..." I mumbled quietly, reminding the people in front of me, as well as just myself. I was mumbling my magical enchantment.

"Huh?"

"Huh?" Having heard that, both Madarai and Naegi-kun looked at me with vacant expressions.

"What do you mean by it has nothing to do with you...?" A confused Madarai raised his voice. "There's no way you're not involved... after it's your fault this boy here has been caught up in all this."

"You're wrong," I found myself replying flatly, "I'm not the reason as to why he became involved in this whole thing, he got himself involved, it's not my fault he has god-awful luck. In the end I really have nothing to do with this."

"H-Hey, wait a-" As Naegi-kun tried to interrupt me I raised my voice to continue my argument.

"It's a shame, but it's obvious Naegi-kun has no luck at all," I said in the calmest tone I could muster, "He just has an insane power to take and give life because of his complete lack of luck. So, I think you have no choice but to give up."

Anyway, no matter what the case is, I've already forgotten. After all, I forget everything sooner or later, with the exception of Matsuda-kun. So, as far as I see it, there's not really much out there that actually does have anything to do with me - I continued to mutter to myself these words, in all truth I really had nothing to do with it.

Then I'll forget that too. My brief meeting with Naegi-kun, the information he knew, I'll forget that as well. There's no reason for me to feel bad about him. So that's why I always say this has nothing to do with me.

"... Have you decided what you're going to do?"

"I don't know. I keep telling you this has nothing to do with me." I answered blankly.

"Is that so? I see," Madarai bared his teeth, murmuring in a low voice, "I hope you're prepared to see the extent of my resolution."

There really are strange people who are ready to go as far as to kill another human in order to prove their point. It's insane to think he would accomplish anything by killing Naegi-kun.