Section Ten

From the right to the left,

From the front to the back,

Their frustrated interchanging words dispersed throughout the air. Even so, Ikusaba-san carefreely scratched her head, sighing.

"Um, I feel like I can relate to what you guys are going through but...wait, that's a lie. I actually can't relate to them at all...but I can understand them. But that girl is different. To her, she has no gain from understanding what you have to say. Stuff like your thoughts or your hope, they mean nothing to her. It means nothing to the one who set up this entire scenario, so trying to end all of this by pushing on her would be futile."

grind, grind, grind, grind

The sounds of their mutual grinding filled the garden.

"It looks like you don't know anything at all." "You know about Hope's Peak Academy's History's Worst Incident it seems." "That's convenient." "We'll listen to you to what you have to say." "But after we beat you up."

The four Madarais bent down and formed a stance.

"Ah geez, even after I warned you." Ikusaba-san seemed to grumble. "Even though I didn't want any more victims to get involved."

"Victim?" "Victim?" "Victim?" "Victim?"

Once again the Madarais all shouted together. Encircling her like a dog threatens to shepherd a herd, bared their teeth and roared.

"Do you know?" "Do you know about our brothers?" "Where did are brothers disappear to?" "What happened to Isshiki, Nishiki, and Mishiki?" [1, 2, and 3]

Then Ikusaba-san turned back and with her freezing glare she responded.

"Don't come near me..."

Those words triggered it.

A sound like something rupturing was heard as the four brothers kicked off the ground with all their might, as they headed towards Ikusaba-san from 4 directions all at once.

"Like I said...it's pointless..."

Just as Ikusaba-san was about to get hit by the blunt of those attacks, she dodged them completely with just one movement.

"No matter how many of you come at me at once, your base value never changes. That kind of pack mentality attack won't get through me."

While murmuring in that calm voice, she moved at a speed incomprehensible to the naked eye. The Madarais attacked with such coordination to the point where their breaths were at the same pace, while Ikusaba-san easily dodged them with brilliant deduction.

It was almost like she was from a different dimension.

"I won't let anyone oppose that girl..."

Even while dancing she murmured. Her breath didn't falter once.

"That's because this is for...despair..."

The Madarais continued to repeat their emaciated attacks while, Ikusaba-san on the other hand continued to move faster, rolling like a torrent. Eventually, that torrent mercilessly swallowed them up.

From there, it was pretty much a one-sided development.

It developed one-sidedly, and it ended one-sidedly.

When Ikusaba-san finally stopped, the four Madarais were laid around her feet. That wasn't some halfway transition. What I witnessed was truly only that event. "It's over..."

Letting out a small sigh, Ikusaba-san murmured while already looking away from the Madarais. Those eyes then faced towards me.

Astonished, I forget what I was doing and was just taken aback.