Section Nine

While watching my screams shatter the door of the laboratory, I was awakened to my surprising ability.

The tale of the little girl being cornered, suddenly awakening to her power and seeking revenge. I felt like I saw something like that in a movie. But never mind that, more importantly I have to do something to stop my power from going berserk!

I understand. There is only one method to stop this rampage.

And that's Matsuda-kun!

Other than Matsuda-kun examining my messed up head, there is no other secret technique to stop this overflow of power. Anyway, I have to hurry! If I don't do something about this soon, something horrible will happen!

That's why in order to meet Matsuda-kun,

I'm going to have to use this uncontrollable power just one more time!

Determined, I turned my gaze towards the wreckage and glared at the back of Kirigiri-san's head. I then focused all my concentration towards her head and locked on, letting out all of my power with a scream.

"BUUUUUURRRRRRST!!"

Doing so, the girl's head didn't burst into pieces like a watermelon at all.

Huh?

As I looked at Kirigiri-san's perfectly unchanged normal head, I tilted my head as I noticed someone's shadow standing in the back.

"So, you really were over here..."

It was a low, threatening voice.

The man with the jet-black uniform noisily stepped onto the wreckage of the overturned door while his just as jet-black hair swayed back and forth. His slim frame gave off a feeling of toughness, like a well-strung wire, and he was quite tall as well.

"...Too good for knocking?"

Kirigiri-san warily chose her words, attracting his attention.

"...Mind your own business."

While snapping back with his sharp words, he shifted his gaze alternatingly between Kirigiri-san and I with his thin reptile-like eyes.

The moment I saw his eyes, that itchiness began to spring back into my head again.

Right away I dropped my gaze to Ryouko Otonashi's Notebook, and then I remembered. That's right, the pitch-black man's name was, Isshiki Madarai.

"Wait...but, why?"

After all, he's gotten beaten up so many times right in front of me.

First, when he got crushed under a bookcase.

Second, when he was assaulted by the black shadow known as Super High School Level Despair.

Third, when he was confronted by Mukuro Ikusaba right in this Neurology Laboratory.

Even with all of that, just why?

"Are you surprised why I'm unwounded?"

Successfully reading my thoughts, Madarai stretched out his arms to an unsettling length and smiled. The smile resembled a crescent moon, making it almost like a mask.

"I've said it before haven't I? I'm immortal."

As if complying with his words, the glass at his feet chimed.

I just wanted to see Matsuda-kun, but all I get are these people speaking nonsense surrounding me.

"Trying to get anything out of that girl is futile..."