14

Imogen.
I held my breath. The boys who once smelled expensive with fancy imported colognes, now reeked of sweat, vomit, and alcohol.

I closed my eyes slowly and imagined myself anywhere else....

I imagined I was back in school, it was autumn, I sat under the trees a book in my lap and soft music in my ears. The air would've smelled sweet. It was warm with a cool breeze. I licked my lips, finally feeling at peace.

I breathed out slowly savoring the one moment of peace I held in my head before opening my eyes again to mess in front of me.

I heard a door slowly open and turned quickly and breathed out of relief, the pub owner. He looked around at a loss of words. Every inch of the room had been destroyed.

"My bulls..." he said solemnly pick up whatever was left of his precious porcelain bulls.

I stood up quickly, muttering out apologies only for Toby to push me back to my seat.

Alistair got in his face. I tried to drown out the voices. I clutched my head and looked down. I looked too my arm that had a bruise already forming on it from when he had grabbed me earlier that night.

That's when I realized. Why was I here? I could've been in my dorm cozied up under the covers living a normal college life yet, I chose to be the pet of some rich brats.

I bit the inside of my cheek and looked up. That's when the first punch was thrown. They all suddenly were in a frenzy. I heard bones cracking, glass shattering, and the soft whimpers of the pub owner.

I stood up silently and looked over at Alister holding a plank of wood. Once I was in the boys eyesight. They all seemed to snap back in to reality.

Before the could stop him, Alistair had hit the owner it the face with the wood. My time to shine.

I screamed horrifically and collapsed to my knees begging them to move away. Miles fiddled with his phone and called the police. I kept going with my act, sobbing till I couldn't breath and shaking like as if if anyone laid one hand on me I would break.

Dimitri reach over too me and pulled me into his chest where I kept my act going but slowly stopped. My once hysterical sobbing, was replaced by my quiet giggles as I nuzzled my head more into Dimitri's neck.

He pulled me away from him and looked at me as a mad women. "Lovely...have you gone mad?"

"You're in trouble now boys" I whispered quietly into his neck, pulling away slowly.

They looked to me as I watched Miles on the phone. Dimitri quickly noticed this and grabbed the phone ending the call.

The guilt on their faces was prominent. I stood there. Smirking.

"I can't believe I let myself get pushed around and played by some spoiled, rich, brats." I spat at them. They looked at me sadly like I had just taken away their favorite toy.

"I trusted you guys...I-I" my voice broke, tears blurred my vision as I looked down and played with the jewels hanging from my neck.

"It was stupid of me to come." I sniffed looking back up to them. "Stupid of me to even believe for second you guys were different from any of the other rich, pretentious, pricks at school." I pushed Guy out of my way and grabbed what seemed like the only non-broken glass, and poured whatever wine was leftover.

Sitting down in a half broken chair quietly sipping the wine. I waited for the police to arrive.