Chapter 4

Notes

Just to let you know. I added an extra scene into the first chapter that WILL be important for future chapters. I realized that when I wrote that scene it was only in my head. XD. So now it should be easier to understand some things.

Sorry for the late update, I just had some really bad writer's block. I am also working on 8 Danny Phantom crossover stories at once, lol. So I am updating at least 4-5 times a month. Please enjoy, were are starting right where we left off.

---

"I don't understand?" Kate tilted her head was getting more and more curious every time the hero spoke.

Danny bit his lip slightly. "I'm a ghost." Her eyes widened, then quickly narrowed before going back to widened. She started walking around him asking a lot of panicked questions.

"Ghost? How are you dead but alive at the same time? How do you fly? How much X do you have in your body? How is it sticking together? Do you mind if I run some tests?" She grabbed onto Danny's arm.

Everyone saw Danny pin his ears back against his head as he phased his hand out of the woman's grip backing up a bit. Kal saw this as a good time to step in, and he was right. Danny was getting stressed. "I think that is enough for now." He interrupted, holding his hand up towards the woman. "Phantom, would you go to the front of the ship with Kid Flash?"

Danny was grateful for Kal stepping in to help him. He nodded and walked over closer to the front of the ship. He sat down in one of the front chairs and sighed, hoping that the other people on the ship would stop looking at him.

Everyone quickly realized that one of those questions the scientist asked affected Danny somehow, he didn't seem as peppy as he was before. But they have no idea what he has been through so they have no right to judge.

The scientist eventually gave up on trying to ask more questions. She was now sitting in a chair next to her unconscious partner. Everyone was sitting in their own chairs, it was mostly silent for the rest of the ride.

After they dropped off the scientists at a hospital for David's injuries. Danny seemed to be a little better. Although he was thinking hard about the whole ectoplasm situation. Somehow these people were given ectoplasm to experiment with. Ugh. Danny rubbed his forehead.

Kid looked over to Danny seeing him rubbing his head. "What are you so worried about, Casper?" This caused the attention of most of the people on the ship to turn to Danny.

Danny looked up at the yellow-clad speedster. "Just thinking, I want to find out how they got the ectoplasm. And either way, they got it, it's bad."

Robin spun his chair slightly. "How do you get it then, you said it was rare?"

Danny nodded. "You could get it two ways. The first one is through a portal. The ones I told you about earlier. It is incredibly hard to get ectoplasm from a natural portal, so it would be a man-made one. You would use a filter to siphon the ectoplasm out of it. But that brings up its own problems." Danny sighed.

"Like what?" Artemis asked.

"Well ghosts can come through the portals, and the more dangerous ones can get through and wreak havoc. Causing a danger for both the ghosts and the humans. But there are only two functioning portals in the world right now, and they took years to construct." Danny didn't feel like mentioning the fact that if the government had their hands on one they could blow up the ghost zone and the universe as they know it, let alone get full access to ghosts they could experiment on.

Kid's eyebrow raised. "You said there were two ways?"

Danny looked down a bit, this is the possibility that he felt did not want to be true, even if it was the most likely one. "I said we were made of Ectoplasm right? Well, how else would you get ectoplasm than taking it from a ghost. And most people don't care whether the ghost survives or not."