HURTFUL

JUSTINE'S P.O.V

Oh please, stop me from doing this.  What's even more pathetic than preparing a dinner for your love one who's gonna ask somebody else out tonight on Valentine's day?  Me.  I'm pathetic.

"Is this perfect?"  Pamela asked me about the round table position.

"Yeah."  I tried to guess.  "The candles must be a bit taller than this.  You have other ones?"

"Have prepared."  She took another option.  "Which one?" 

"The new one."  I helped her to manage the table.  "Better."

"Okay.  I'll move on with the candles on the path.  Excuse me."  She politely walked away.

"Sure..."

My mind escaped everywhere.  All over the place.  Remembering what we did last year.  That prom dance at school, even though Toby's no longer officially a student in there, but we invited him.  And yeah he's my partner.  Everybody said we're perfect together.  One thing went wrong that time was I denied the words.  I thought it was just a joke, although I already have this feeling for him.  But looking back now, I wish somebody said it again for me.

"Looking good..."  Danny walked out from the main restaurant.  "Wow, these city lights though.  Makes me want to marry someone."

"Marry Tom."  I chuckled.  "Where's he anyway?"

"New York, another fashion show something I don't know."  He bowed his head.

"I'm sorry baby.  I'm a good companion too."  I hugged him.

"Surely are!  We're making perfect date.  Hahaha.  Next time Tom goes home, I'll be like 'Oh honey, you're gone too long, I'm not gay anymore'."  Danny spoke with his signature gay-ish gesture.

"Hahaha...  Ouch oww my mouth hurts."  I laughed so hard, it felt good.

"So glad you're happy again darling."  He kissed my forehead.

"Thank you for doing this to me Danno."

"Anytime."

Few hours gone wasted.  I only sit in the restaurant waiting for the prince and princess to come.  Danny was going out for something with Pamela, so they left me here only with the barista. 

"Justineeeeeeee twinny girl where are you?"  Toby's voice came up so loud through my phone.

"Shush.  I'm here already."  I looked away to the city light.  Perfect.  Now it started to rain.  "Where are you guys?"

"Waiting for Sheryl to dress up."  He whispered.  "Kinda think like if it was you, I don't think you would take this long."

"Stop complaining about your girlfriend."  I held my breath.

"Not yet."  He corrected.

"Whatever.  Oh cmon just get in here.  I can't leave before you arrive."  I started to kick everything near my feet.

"Wait a minute.  I think she's coming down.  Bye bye.  Meet you in 15."

Toby just hang up.  I didn't think I would answer anything too much from him so I let it be.  So hate the situation right now.  Rain makes me sad.  I'm already sad.

About 10 minutes later, Danny and Pamela came back with a flower bouquet.  Oh.  I forgot it.  Yes Toby asked us to prepare things like that.  But I was even too sad to think.

"Finish."  Danny sipped my coffee without asking for it.

"Good."  I sighed.  "I really want to go home."

"Honey?  Oh no.  You have wore this beautiful black dress that I think Tom will have a crush on, and you wanna go home?  Hell no, not giving you chance."  He cheered me up.

"Tired, Danno.  So tired."  I hit my head on the table.

"Stop it stop it."  Danny rubbed my back.  "Oh, there you go."

I lifted my head.  Toby and Sheryl were walking toward us.  They really looked great together.  I just realized that.  I'm completely nothing compare to her.  She's so pretty with that long navy blue dress and Toby's hand on her waist.  I changed my mind.  I wish now I could jump off the cliff.

"Thing Two!"  Toby called me from distance.  "Nice to see you again."

"Thank Danno for everything."  I said to both of them.

"Uhm...Sheryl, why don't you sit first and I'll come back to you."  He let her sit then ran back to us.

"We're leaving!"  Danny yelled to Pamela, to say goodbye.

"Hey hey why so fast?"  Toby stopped us.

"We're not here to witness you propose that girl."  Danny answered politely, took my purse for me.  "Ready, darling?"

I didn't answer Danny anything, but staring at Toby instead.  The more I stared at this man that I've known for a lifetime, the more hurt I felt within.  His eyes showed happiness.  He thanked me from his genuine heart.  But yeah I also hurt from the very deep one.

"Thank you for everything.  It's so perfect."  He hugged me the longest.  I glared at Sheryl, she's staring at us.

"Teddy Bear and flowers are with Pamela at the back."  I replied.

"Why don't say something else?  No...  I make you too tired?  You're okay?"  He held my face with both hands.

"Stop it Toby I'm not in the mood."  I walked away.

"What happened..."  I heard his whispery voice to Danny.

"Just don't.  Leave her alone."  That's the last line I heard from them both.

Somebody kill me.  Please.  Never been in this hurtful moment in my life.  I wish I had no heart.  I hate being seen too strong so people think it's okay to hurt me.