forty-three.

As anyone could have easily predicted, Marry wasn't too thrilled with her youngest daughter when they came back. The word 'grounded' was thrown around quite a lot. To the point where it was almost said as much as the swear words that just seemed to keep tumbling out.

But lucky for Hope, she got to board the Hogwarts Express the next day, getting out of all punishments till the holiday break rolled around in December. 

The four friends had a compartment of their own, each of them trying to find some sort of way to cure their boredom for the long ride. 

"Anything from the trolly, dears?" The trolly women asked as she came by their compartment. 

"Packet of Drobble's and a..." Ron looked over the options. "Licorish wand."

"Hey, get me a Licorish wand as well," Hope dug through her pocket before fishing out a Gallon, tossing it over to Ron. 

"Two of them, yeah, thanks," Ron took the sweets before sliding past Harry who was standing there waiting to order. 

Ron came back and sat next to Hope, handing her the Licorish wand she had asked for. She loved the damn sweets far too much than she should. 

Harry came back into the compartment with a dazed look in his eyes, a school boy smile gracing his lips. Hope gave him an odd look, as he didn't even grab any sweets. 

"This is horrible," Hermione lowered the Daily Prophet she was reading next to Harry. "How can the Ministry not know who conjured it? Wasn't there any security or-"

"Loads," Ron informed her. "According to dad. That's what worried them so much. Happened right under their noses." 

Harry reached up, only to scratch his scar, but this action worried Hermione. "It's hurting again, isn't it? Your scar."

"I'm fine," Harry brushed it off, it was just a scratch after all.

"You know Sirius will want to hear about this, what you saw at the World Cup and the dream," Hermione looked at Harry, before her eyes wandered over to Hope. "You should probably write to him as well."

"Nope," Hope shook her head taking another bite of her licorice wand. "I've got enough parents pissed at my actions right now, thank you very much. As far as Sirius knows, I had a lovely summer and a fun time at the match."

"So, you lied to him," Hermione pressed her lips into a fine line.

"The man's is on the run," Hope threw her free arm up in the air. "I don't think he needs any more obstacles in his way than he already does."

"Am I adding you into this letter or not?" Harry asked as he dug out a piece of parchment and his quill from his book bag.

"You can tell him about me, just not that I went after you like an idiot," Hope stood up from her seat. "I need to use the loo, I'll be back in a bit."