Chapter Eleven: French and Cliché Moments

"SAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM! ARE YOU READY YET?" Harry groaned from outside my door.

"Just give me a minute! I'll be out soon!" I said, trying to slip on my shoe. The boy had been at the door bugging me for the last ten minutes.

I went to look in the full-body mirror, adjusting my hair a bit, but pleased with the outfit. I wore a light pink, flowy, strapless dress with a sweetheart neckline, matched with nude wedges and pink earrings that looked like flowers. (A/N: See the outfit to the right!)

I heard Harry lean against the door, so I pulled it open and he fell backwards. "Ready?" I asked with a smirk.

"What was that for?" He said, brushing off his blazer as he stood back up. He glanced over at me while I shrugged, and then he just stood there openmouthed. "Sam... you look really beauti--"

"Woah!" Zayn walked out of Louis' room and saw me. After sliding his arm around my waist, he kissed me on the cheek. "You look hot, Sammers." I rolled my eyes at the nickname.

"Thanks... Zaynie-poo." I laughed at the pet name I came up with on the spot, and he cringed.

"We'd better go, we're going to be late." Harry said, ushering me out of the flat without another word. I shouted a goodbye to Zayn, but I wasn't sure if he heard me or not.

"So, where are we going?" I asked as we exited the building.

"You'll see. It's close by, so we're walking." He answered, grabbing my hand and intertwining our fingers. I was about to yell at him for doing that before I remembered-- he's my fake boyfriend, why wouldn't he hold my hand in public?

"So... what's up?" I asked awkwardly, looking up at him. Our height difference had been drastically reduced due to my four inch heels, but he was still taller than me.

"The sky." He said without showing any emotion. He just continued to walk, apparently not in the mood for conversation.

"What's wrong with you?" I asked, taken aback by his lack of enthusiasm. 

"Nothing." He responded, turning left at the street corner.

"Are you sure?" I pressed. "You seem a bit..." I struggled for an appropriate word, leaving an awkward pause. "Off."

"Sam, don't worry about me. Let's just let the paps see us together, eat some dinner, and try to make it through this." Harry said coldly.

"I didn't realize it would be like this." I mumbled. 

Before he could say anything else, we turned another corner and were greeted by flashing lights, which could only mean one thing: paparazzi. They shouted questions at Harry, asking who I was, but he just ignored them and continued to walk, grabbing my waist and guiding me through the crowd. I huddled myself into his side, ignoring the tingles I was getting from his closeness. I have Zayn now, and it's just in the heat of the moment. I don't like Harry.

We turned another corner and finally reached a restaurant. Harry led me in so quickly that I didn't even get to read the name of the place, but the first thing I noticed was that we were the youngest couple there. It was full of fancy adults and business people. The hostess quickly took notice of Harry, and grabbed two menus. "Mr. Styles. I'll lead you to your table."

Without saying a word, Harry grabbed my hand once again and we followed the woman to our table. It was a cozy booth in the back, which was good, so people wouldn't be able to see us. The hostess handed us our menus, told us our waiter would be with us shortly, and then left.

I opened the menu and couldn't read it properly. So, figuring I had it upside down, I turned it the other way. That was worse. I looked up to see Harry with an amused expression on his face. "Something wrong?" He asked with a smirk.