Chapter Nine: Hate and Love

"Harry, I hate you." I whined as I walked into the kitchen, where he and Louis were making breakfast.

"Did you see it already?" Louis looked at me with concern.

"See what? I was talking about this hangover thing... what are you talking about?"

"I guess she'll find out eventually..." Harry sighed and grabbed his laptop from the counter, setting it on the table in front of me, while Louis attempted to quietly back out of the room. He was successful in leaving, but I saw him. Harry opened his twitter page and (resisting the urge to hack his twitter) I looked at his recent mentions.

They were all about me.

And they weren't exactly nice.

"Let me guess, pictures from last night?"

"Yeah..." he replied sheepishly.

"Well, I guess it was going to happen sooner or later." I sighed, getting up and grabbing an apple.

"Wait, you're fine with this?" Harry was shocked.

"Honestly? No. But A, I don't have a choice, and B, this is basically the reason I'm your fake girlfriend, so now Madison doesn't have to worry. And neither do you." I took a bite from my apple, and pretended like this didn't affect me.

"I'm really sorry about all of this," he started to say. "It's not fair to you. I feel so bad..."

"Don't worry about me. I'm happy I could help." I lied. "I, uh, think I'm going to call Zayn. See if he wants to do something. I'll see you later, Haz." I turned towards the hallway.

"Uh, Sam? One more thing... you're going to hate me. Erm, some of the fans think you and Zayn are dating, and, well, you're my girlfriend--"

"Fake," I butted in.

"Right, you're my fake girlfriend, and so, um, I'm really happy you and Zayn are getting close, but--"

"Just spit it out, Harry." I rolled my eyes. I knew what he was going to say.

"You guys shouldn't be seen out together. It's fine if you want to hang out in private, but from now on, since those pictures, whenever you're in public...you have to be seen with me. Acting, uh, couple-y."

"Okay, on that note, I'll be in my room if you want me." Don't you just love awkward situations?

"O-okay?" he said, as if he was expecting me to get angry at him.

Little did he know, the reason I was going to my room is so I wouldn't kill him.

I shut the door of my room and flung myself on my bed. I needed to vent. Bad.

I was halfway through dialing Anna's number before I realized that we weren't friends anymore. Great.

I considered calling Kate, but we weren't that close, so I decided against it. Plus she was probably going to fire me, considering I had missed my shifts for the past two days with no excuse. I really need more girl friends.

Thinking of work reminded me of university--I had missed my classes yesterday! And exams are coming up soon...what, the end of this week? I need to study. 

It almost feels like ever since I met the boys, I've lost track of my own life. Well, not any more. 

Exams are coming up, and I need to study. All distractions aside, and bring on the textbooks. 

I jumped off the bed and locked the door, then grabbed my books from the small desk in the room and set to work.

I read for hours, made study guides, and stuffed my brain with all of the information I could. Successful for one day, I guess. I could have gone on for longer, if there hadn't been a knock at my door.