Chapter 23

It was dark, that's all Emiko knew. She felt that she was standing on solid ground but she couldn't see it, she couldn't even see her hand in front of her face.

"Eri" she called out her sister's name like it was a natural instinct. She was only met with the sound of her voice echoing through the pitch black. Emiko hugged herself feeling both dread and anxiety build up in the pit of her stomach. That's when she saw it, some sort of glowing light that illuminated part of the pure darkness. Upon closer inspection she realized that the light was in fact a pair of eyes that bore into her soul. The gate in the eyes made her shiver as they just floated in the empty space.

  "You'll never escape" a voice spoke, hearing the familiarity of the voice made her freeze. Overhaul's voice filled with malice echoed around her making it impossible to tell where it was coming from. Suddenly, a hand reached out towards her grabbing the five year old by the arm.

  Emiko was startled from her sleep looking around the room, she noticed Eri standing by the side of her bed with a worried expression on her face as she shook her five year old sister. Without saying anything Emiko wrapped her arms around her sister tears running down her face. She did her best to speak in between sobs but her words were hard to understand.

"Can I sleep in your bed" Emiko asked, Eri nodded a comforting smile on her face. Emiko climbed into her bed laying  next to her, feeling Eri next to her helped the younger girl calm down as she soon fell back asleep.

The next morning Eri and Emiko walked into the living room. Shota was in the kitchen making breakfast.

  "Good morning" he greeted the girls, they smiled waving politely.

   "Good morning" Emiko replied followed by her older sister as they sat at the table.

  "I'll be training a student outside today" he told them as he placed their plates in front of him. The sister's nodded beging to eat their food.