Chapter 42

Flashback Continued~

Time Skip to the Dinner~

Third Person's POV

"Yeah Kookie! I came here first just to meet you," YN chirped and hugged Jungkook, but she noticed that he was kinda sad.

"Kookie, what happened?" YN asked and Jungkook moved his head from side to side.

"Umm... I am feeling under the weather," he lied and inhaled deeply which was merely fake.

"Anyways, where is Jee and Yeong?" she questioned and looked around to look for Jungkook's parents.

"Mom has got some throat infections and Dad is coming downstairs after a few minutes," he replied. After hearing some sounds from the kitchen YN went there and hugged Jungkook's mom.

"Jee, take care of yourself. I miss your voice so much," YN giggled and caressed Jee's cheek. Jungkook's mom smiled at the little one and gave her two chocolate chip cookies which she for sure shared with Jungkook.

She gave one cookie to him, but he denied her offer and told her to eat it by herself. YN found it awkward that Jungkook is denying her so she finally asked her again.

"Kook, pleesh tell me what's bugging you?" YN requested him to tell her, but he didn't want to tell her and at the same time fortunately the Park family arrived and YN's question was left unanswered.

Time Skip (after Dinner)~

During the dinner YN stole glances of Jungkook and she guessed it that something is wrong, but she didn't ask him directly. Mr. Jeon excused himself and signalled Mr. Park to follow and from his actions it looked like as if something is wrong and serious.

It was the dessert time and Mrs. Jeon brought fruit custard, without even saying something Jungkook stood up and whispered something into Jimin's ear and Jimin nodded his head respectively.

YN was getting suspicious, but on the same time she played dumb because she wanted to know the reason behind Kookie's gloomy face.

Mr. Park and Mr. Jeon were in the study talking about some serious issues while all of them were in the dining room. When YN saw that Jimin is standing up she stood up too and followed him secretly, he knew that her sister was behind her, but poor Jimin didn't become suspicious.

There she saw Jungkook hiding behind some packed boxes which YN noticed just now. She looked somewhere else because she didn't want to make anything suspectable, but on the other hand she was watching his every move from the corner of her eye.

He signalled Jimin to come closer and he did so. YN hid behind the opposite boxes and she was not in vision of both of them.

When Jungkook and Jimin were close, Kook started sobbing. YN wanted to pamper him, but she couldn't. He sobbed and Jimin hugged him for comfort, after crying his heart out he finally started a conversation.

"Hyung, I-I am so sad because I won't be able to fulfill YN's promise," he said while shuttering and his tears were coming out one by one. Jimin couldn't understand anything and his eyebrow gap disappeared.

"What!?" Jimin question with mere confusion.

"Our playschool is about to get over and we promised that we'll go to same school, but I won't be able to," he voiced and started crying again. Jimin once again pampered him and wiped off his tears.

"I am going to Busan for a long time because Grandma died," he mumbled and then Jimin understood that why those packed boxes were kept there.

Suddenly both of them heard some faint noises, but when they looked at the source of those voices they became speechless because it was YN. They didn't want to tell his to her, but fate played a game with them.

"You're leaving me aren't you?" she muttered while breathing heavily.

"It's not like-" Jungkook was cut off when she went into the kitchen and asked his mom about the whole case.

"Jee, is it true that you guys are going?" she asked without tears, till then his mom didn't see her face.

"Yes, but actua-" she got paused because of her allergic throat and coughed harder and harder. Without even hearing her full sentence YN ran out of the house. Jungkook also ran behind her because he was the only one who saw her run away, but the poor Kookie couldn't save her and saw her getting hit by a car, this was her memory loss mystery.

°·°