2012: Prodigy

Akoni was now 14 years old.  He was fully trained and already a member of the Dora Milaje.  He graduated school the year after Shuri did.  He was now close friends with Shuri, and went to her lab a lot.  In fact, that was where he was headed.  He climbed the hill where the Vibranium meteorite had hit thousands of years ago.

"There you are, finally!" Shuri exclaimed.  The two did their secret handshake, ending with the Wakandan cross symbol.  "How are you only 14 and already have your own lab?" Akoni asked.

"It's your lab too, silly."

"Only because you gave it to me."

"Hey, what's that?" Akoni asked, looking at a high-tech television.  "Well there was an attack on New York by aliens in armor," Shuri simplified.  "Okay, but who are the tin man, ogre, American flag, electrician, skin-tight lady, and archer?"

Shuri laughed at his joke.  He always did give stupid nicknames to people.  "Ungcolile ke," Akoni said in Xhosa as he saw the aftermath.  He then went to his desk to work on his own pet project.  They were seismic gauntlets which could absorb any energy and create shockwaves.  Akoni never really opened up to people, because they didn't like him.  Shuri and her brother T'Challa were his only real friends.

The sun was beginning to set.  Akoni walked up to a cliff overlooking Golden City, where Ayo was waiting.  He always went there to be trained by her.  The two picked up Vibranium spears and began to duel.

Akoni always had unorthodox methods, with attacks that were seemingly random.  However, Ayo had much more experience with a spear, and easily parried.  The spear was then flipped out of Akoni's hand.  "Congratulations, you lasted 2 seconds longer than last time," Ayo taunted.  "Spears just aren't my thing," Akoni defended.

Akoni returned home, collecting all the data he could on the Avengers.  The Wakandans' superior technology made it easy to learn things, and with his genius, there was no firewall he couldn't break.

As he looked over their history, it became clear that they were dangerous.  They left destruction wherever they fought.  He felt lucky to be safe in Wakanda, where no wayward SHIELD nukes or giant armored space worms could hurt him.

He went into his room, and fell asleep watching old American movies, which he liked to do in his pastime.