2016: Civil War

"Shuri, now," T'Challa said over the comms.  "Copy that," Shuri replied.  "Go, go, go!  Come on, Ross!"  The four of them continued running through Shuri's lab.  "Nakia and I will get control of the Royal Talon with this, while Akoni covers us," Shuri told Ross.  "So what do I do?" he asked.

"You'll have to fly it."

"What?"

"You were a great pilot.  Don't worry, I'll guide you it.  It's just like riding a hoverbike."

"What?  You guys have hoverbikes?" Ross asked, dumbfounded.  "That face never gets old," Akoni laughed, looking at Ross.  "Hey, Nakia, take that," she said, throwing Dora Milaje armor to her.  "I'm not a Dora," she argued.  "Just put it on, it's armor!  And Akoni!" she yelled. throwing him his gauntlets and suit.  "Where are the swords?" he asked.  "I couldn't find them.  You'll just have to use that," she said, pointing to a Dora Milaje spear.

"Time to face my destiny I guess," Akoni sighed.  "Good luck, Ross!" Shuri said as the three Wakandans ran off.  "Yeah, I don't know what I'm doing with... this."

Shuri put her gadget on the Talon fighter as Nakia threw a ring at N'Jadaka.  He jumped over it and charged at her.  She defended for a moment but was cut on the leg.  Akoni then fought him.  His spear clashed with his enemy's two blades.  Akoni blocked each strike in quick succession, hitting the golden jaguar's stomach with the back of the spear.  "Not bad," he said as they continued fighting.

"But I know a Wakandan when I see one, so what are you doing here?" he asked.  "What do you mean?"  N'Jadaka then jumped at him, catching him off guard and throwing the spear our of his hands.  "You really think you're one of them?  T'Chaka must have brainwashed you well," he taunted.  "I don't know what you're talking about!" Akoni shouted, preforming flips and somersaults to get out of the way of his swings.

He then caught both swords with his hands, and headbutted N'Jadaka, stunning him.  He kicked him back and released the seismic energy with his gauntlets, knocking him back.  He got back up and discarded the kinetic energy, but Akoni absorbed that too, and knocked him back once again.  The two picked up their weapons again, Akoni spinning his spear wildly.

He overpowered N'Jadaka with his quick attacks, and cut him across his face, scarring him.  N'Jadaka got mad, and threw his swords down.  He grabbed Akoni's spear, and threw it down the giant hole that was the Great Mound.

"How sad that you'll die... not knowing who you truly are," N'Jadaka said, regaining and raising his sword overhead.  "Akoni!" he heard Shuri yell.  She shot her sonic gauntlets at N'Jadaka, destabilizing his suit.  It stunned him for a second, but he destroyed them quickly after.  

"What's up princess?" he said, raising his broken spear.  "You'll never be a true king," she said, closing her eyes.  "No!!!" Akoni heard the voice of T'Challa yell.  He tackled N'Jadaka into the giant hole below.  "Brother!" Shuri cried.  "It's okay," Akoni said, recomposing himself and putting a hand on her shoulder.  "He'll get him."

"Shuri," T'Challa said over the comms.

"Brother!"

"Turn on the trains on the bottom track."

"The stabilizers will deactivate your suit!  You won't have protection!"

"Neither will he."

"Okay!"

"Ross, you have to get out of there, now!" Shuri commanded him.  "How long have I got?" he asked the computer.  "Glass is at 50%."

"Put me back in."

"Ross!  Ross!"

Akoni looked over to the battlefield where the Dora Milaje and Border Tribe were fighting.  The two most important parts of his childhood being thrust at each other.  "I'll be right back," he told Shuri.

"You have three seconds to lay down your weapon!  One!  Two!-" W'Kabi started.  "And you have two seconds to come back to your senses, before I knock them into you!" Akoni interrupted.  He shook his head and prepared to continue the attack, before barking and grunting filled the open fields.  Then came M'Baku in all of his glory

"Witness the might of the Jabari... firsthand!"

With these new numbers, the Dora Milaje gained the upper hand.  W'Kabi noticed the tides change, and grabbed his horn.  "W'Kabi!  No!"  He blew the infamous rhino horn, and the Border Tribe's rhino cavalry entered the party.  They took out much of the Dora Milaje, until Okoye confronted W'Kabi.

"Drop your weapon!" she ordered.  "Would you kill me, my love?" he asked, his voice breaking.  "For Wakanda?  Without question!"  No more words were spoken.  W'Kabi simple dropped his blade and kneeled to her.  Akoni then walked up to him as Okoye left.  "I raised you.  And this is the thanks I get?" W'Kabi asked.  "You must know deep down that N'Jadaka is evil."

There was more silence.  "I am sorry," W'Kabi apologized softly.  "I'll talk to T'Challa about making your sentence less severe," Akoni simply said, walking away.

He made his way back to Shuri as he listened to the comms.  The sounds of T'Challa fighting had finally stopped.  "It is done," he told Shuri.