21

It started out small...

Sitting on the dimly lit desk and perched infront of a cybertronian sized screen, I tapped away in a robotic manner at the keyboard I was given to work with and tried to work my way into the 'secure' state database on all the citizens in Nevada. Megatron was getting antsy about the Autobots and their friends, so extra pressure was being added on MY back since I'm expected to know this already. The observation deck was the kind of not-quite-silent quiet that after a while makes your brain itch in ways you can't explain. Decepticons would drift in and out, 1-4 drones at a time tapping away along with me from different corners of the room before moving on. It was driving me mad.

I brushed it off so easily

Soundwave placed me here with vague orders about 2 hours ago and I've made a miniscule amount of progress on this.
'Find and document.'
That's all I was given. I mean, what do you do with that? Go internet dumpster diving - that's what. Compile as much relevant data as possible and 'file'. The itch in the center of my brain was such an odd feeling. Indescribably. Like a bug somehow trapped in a tiny crevice deep inside. Was the pressure there before? Like a hand pressing my forehead, I felt warm and fuzzy in my thinking. I need to focus. I won't let down the people that matter to me, not again.

Why didn't it matter to me?

Access: . . .

· Granted ·

Search Subject - Jackson Darby.

A grin spread over my face as results started pouring in. Social media accounts, school yearbook photos, last known address, known relatives, social security number, you name it. How will all of this help the Cons? I'm not completely sure yet. I moved all the data I was being fed onto a hard drive and filed it under AutoP_J. I allowed myself a satisfied smirk under my tech helm before moving onto Miko. Not much info there, except the fact that she's a registered foreign exchange student studying in NV from Japan. The database won't have info on someone whose not registered as a citizen of the state and country so I can't do much about it besides move my focus to her grades from Jasper and previous grades from her school in Japan. That limited into went under AutoP_M and moved with the other files.

My health my last priority...

I think I was working on the project for another hour and a half before Breakdown made his way on the deck and tried to keep me company. I don't remember much of the conversation, at some point I became too lightheaded to follow it anymore. He picked up on something and commed Soundwave to say I was taking a break for a mandatory medical evaluation. The next thing I know, I'm sitting on the medical berth with a light burning through my retinas.

"Damn, doc. Back up a bit, you're acting like I hit my head. I'm fine I just need room to breath." I huffed and pushed his digits away, which promptly changed back from the medical light to their regular sharp and shine.

"Your optics are underperforming in their response. Your reactions are delayed and sluggish. Tell me, what did Breakdown say when he walked in with you?" Doc Knock started looking over a datapad and glancing over me. Probably looking up human medical info online like some freshman in medschoool.

I rolled my eyes and leaned back on the cool berth. "How should I know? This is stupid. Im fine. I need to finish my orders, so just let me-" I tried to stand from the metal seating and the world went awol. My legs disappeared and the lights lost color as the sky turned. Is that Screamer in pink? Where did he get the battons-

And then it was too late.