01

*beep beep beep*

I groaned and pulled the heavenly soft comforter over my head, muffling the iconic beeping that signaled another days beginning.

*beep beep-*

My fist swung out and hit the plastic devil, sending it flying off the nightstand and hitting the floor with a clatter.

Muscles aching in protest, I slid out of bed and my feet hit the cold wood floor. I stepped around my alarm clock and leaned back, my arms reaching behind me in a stretch as I yawned. My short pink hair fell into my face as I made my way through the bathroom getting ready. Running the brush through my hair, I reached back and pulled my hair up into a short but layered pony tail.

After running through the house for about 10 minutes and waiting for the coffee machine to finish up, I grabbed my steaming cup of Joe and my work ID and headed for the door.
My name is Brynn Hope and I'm 18. Parents died when I was 2 leaving me to roam around through the foster system, when I turned 15 I ran away from "home" and got my first job. Worked for a while and finished as much of school as I could handle before getting my own home and starting my new life, keeping it as close to normal as possible.

I made it to work after a 15 minute walk and started my average routine.

× • Time skip • ×

After finishing my shift for the day I walked out the doors, the cool AC leaving me to face the dreaded Texas Summer alone. A gust of hot dry wind blew my hair around my face, making me smile as I watched the unnatural colored whisps flutter down around me. I looked to see the cause of the airs disturbance and was shocked to say the least at the cherry red Aston Martin zooming away, it's bright finish creating a terrible glare from the sun.
I lived in a small town, where the average pay grade was nowhere near enough to buy and maintain that on a regular basis. "Maybe they're just passing through? " I murmured to no one in particular.

Straightening out the white T-shirt I had on under my Marvel overalls, I started on the path back towards my house. I was scanning the horizon with my bright green eyes when I remembered my earbuds, so I popped them in and started singing along with my music, paying little to no attention to my surroundings.

After stopping at the grocery store it started to get dark out, so passing the dark alleys my anxiety stared to spike, along with my imagination and curiosity. I heard a sound similar to the crunch of metal in a car crash followed by yelling and my instinct to help kicked in. I ran towards to sounds and made a blind turn into an alley and froze, dropping my bag.

Robots. Larger than life robots. Tall as the buildings around us robots. My brain stopped working while it tried to process what was happening before me. A fancy red robot with a fineass red and white finish was over a muscled up yellow and black robot. It held a silver staff to the others chest and seemed to be electrocuting the other. Something clicked and my brain started up again. I don't know what I was thinking at the time but I needed to do this. Good or bad wasn't on my mind, only thing going through my head was 'I need to know more about them. I need to interact with them. '

I ran forward and when I got  a few feet from the red one I yelled "Heeeey! What are you? " It yelled in surprise at my sudden volume and presence, dropping the staff and turning to me. I couldn't help the grin that spread across my face as I saw it's face and got a closer look at the two. "Cool.. " I breathed.

It blinked for a second and like someone hit a switch it started laughing as it watched me. It turned and kicked the unconscious yellow one and laughed again "Is this what all your pets are like, Bee?" It turned and propped on hand on its hip, smirking at me. "Well aren't you a funny little fleshy, you didn't run"

I couldn't help myself, I started to giggle and it turned into a full out laughing fit. "D-did you call me a f-fleshy? " My voice shook as I tried to contain myself. I ended up in my butt giggling as it watched me, intrigued. "I did, do you have a problem with that?" It asked and I shook my head smiling. "Nope! Ive just never heard anyone call me that before. OH by the way, you're really shiny, I like it!"

The robot smiled for a moment before putting two sharp digits to his helm and requesting a ground bridge. I jumped and ran behind him when a loud sound happened behind me and a large green blue portal opened. Long metal fingers wrapped around me and pulled me into the air "Wo-Woah!" The red robot held me up to his face and smirked "Come now pet, we have places to go and  things to do" We, well, he walked through the portal and I covered my eyes with my arms at the bright light before we walked onto a large metal deck. A quiet gasp left my lips as I looked around in surprise, the large red robot only glancing down at me before continuing on down the halls.

A/N~•
938 Words, longest I've ever written for a single chapter. Let's hope for more next chapter!