12

I was sitting in the control room at the edge of the catwalk, my legs hanging off as I stared at the journal in my lap. I chewed subconsiously on the end of my pencil while my foot swung gently to the rhythm of Alexander Hamilton songs flowing into my ears from the earpods. I smiled softly as my pencil made contact with the lined paper, my wrist swirling with the letters.

   Once, probably a long time ago, Einstein said, "Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its life believing that it is stupid."
   I find that a very important lesson for not only people but the aliens I find living among us. We can't face every battle if it is beyond our abilities. Sometimes its best to step back and ask for help.
   Sometimes even the bots need help, like that one time when Starscream had a squirrel stuck between his wings, the little thing had jumped on during one of his flights, and he finally asked me to help him get it because it kept running from his claws.

I took a breath as I put my pencil down and closed the journal, setting it beside me on the deck. I him softly and close my eyes, remembering when I was still alone. I'm better off here with the Decepticons to protect me than I was anywhere on earth. I quietly looked down at my hands as my fingers fiddled in my lap. I remember the last person who said he would protect me, he ended up being a liar and hurting me. I dont want that to happen again...

Hearing soft clicking on the catwalk, I turned around to watch Starscream walk closer. He, of course, didnt know I was here, so I observes him quietly as he made adjustments on the control panel and typed on different monitors. I admired the Seeker for his agility and quick thinking, even if sometimes it put others at risk. When the others arent around, hes almost sweet. He doesnt exactly try to harm me, but he treats me more like a pet than anyone else. Screamer feels the need to restrict my range of exploration when he watches over me. In other words, he doesnt let me more than a few yards out before picking me up.

Starscream stopped for a moment and looked around. I then realised I had been subconsiously tapping my journal and stopped immediately. He listened for a moment more before his optics found me. His optic ridges shot up and he stumbled for a moment before catching himself and scoffing. He walked over, his wings twitching in annoyance, which I had learned to pick up on. He leaned over the controls and glared at me, his sharp digits coming around to catch my hoodie and gently yet swiftly lifting me into the air and closer to his face.

I grumbled softly as he set me in his palm at optic level. "What do you think you wete doing?" He spoke slowly and sternly, like he was scolding a child, which was just more annoying for me since HE interupted MY quiet alone time.

"Oh nothing your highness!" My voice coated in thick sarcasm caught the bot offgaurd. His glare narrowed more as he scoffed, swinging around quickly as he walked out of the room with me.

"You should show more respect to the ones who spared your pitiful life, human" Starscream growled, glaring dagers at me. I just gave an exaggerated sigh and rolled my eyes, falling onto my back as I did. I laid with my hair spread messily around me and my knees pulled up. We walked for a while, at one point Starscream had tried saying something to me but stopped when he saw that I wasnt listening. The swaying of his servo had lulled me into a transe and it was like my brain stopped caring, thoughts floating by but my brain was in a fog.

My peaceful emptiness was broken when Screamer stopped walking. The click of his heals coming to a halt in front of his berthroom. He reached over to the pad on the Wall and typed in his code, the door opened and he walked in. I tumbled onto the desk after he tilted his servo, walking to the other end of the room and sitting at another with a few scattered datapads laying around. Picking one up, he turned in his seat to face me again but simply started typing. For a moment, I watched in confusion. Why bring me here just to ignore me? It seems pointless. After waiting a minute or two for Starscream to do something, I gave up and opened my journal again. This time I started sketching him. My eyes travelled his form as his attention was taken by the datapads, so I mapped out his figure. One leg crossed over the other, elbow on his knee to hold his pad, helm tilted downward and his wings were lowered. I smiled and flicked my wrist with the pencil, enjoying the feeling of pencil to paper and creating the seekers sharp edges. As I was finishing off the sketch with shading, I heard soft clicking and looked up to find Starscream before me, his helm about a yard from mine.

I squeaked, pulling my journal to my chest and ropping my pencil. His glowing red optics adjusted and he looked from the journal to me. "What do you have?" He hummed, watching me closely. "I-um...nothing?"

Before I could react, his claws came forward and pulled the sketch from my hands. "Hey!" I yelled and stood up as he took a step back, bringing the page closer to his face. After a moment, he looked to me with a bit of blue across his faceplates. "You...you draw well." He handed me the journal and let me step onto his servo. We walked out of his room and back down the halls of the Nemisis.

"For a human..." He murmured. I laughed and smiled up at the Seeker. Even though he's loud and demanding and always seems to wanna prove himself, he's very kind and he just wants someone to acknowledge him. Someone to care.