Searching

{well my mind is swirling with ideas so many updates to come! Enjoy! ^.^}

Cecile and I quickly got our coats and ran outside to catch Bakura. I felt so bad. I've never felt so horrible in my entire life.

We exited the building and we decided it would be best to split up. I went into the city and Cecile went in the direction of the other neighborhoods.

"We'll meet back in 2 hours. Here," I handed her my spare apartment key that I keep for Bakura when he's able to walk around in a body, "take my spare key in case you have to come back earlier. It's getting really late and I don't want anything to happen to you."

"Okay."

Cecile took the keys out of my hand. Her face was still beautiful despite her crying.

"Don't freeze," I told her. I smiled a fake smile and went my own way.

I tried Bakura and I's mind link:

Bakura please answer me.

-Yadonushi. Leave me alone.

Please, Kura. I need you now. You don't understand.

There was no answer.

Please.

Still no answer.

I was making my way through the cold, thinking about all the places Kura could possibly be. I thought about the one café he used to go to when we fought.

We do fight a lot. But...I still love him.

I made my way to the café and remembered something.....

~Flashback~

"Kura! How'd you get a body?!"I screamed as I met him on the corner of the street.

"Ah yadonushi! secrets I cannot reveal to you just yet...How was your day at school?"

"...it could have been better," I mumbled.

"Oh come on now, what happened?"

"Well, I got a bad grade on a test and some kids were picking on me," I hesitated, "but I'm okay it wasn't even that big of a deal. I just need to man up a little is all." I laughed and scratched the back of my head.

I kept walking forward but Bakura stopped walking.

"Kura..? Is something wrong?" I ask.

"Ryou come here."

I did as I was told and met face to face with him. He was a few inches taller than me, so I had to move my head to give him eye contact.

He grabbed my shoulders and began to get serious.

"Ryou, don't let anyone make you think you are less than what you really are. You are perfect to me and that's all that matters. No matter what those kids said to you, they're wrong."

I blinked confused.

"O-okay. I believe you," I said.

"I want you to promise me that if you ever feel less of yourself than normal, you will come talk to me. I will always be here."

He took one hand off my shoulder and held his pinky out.

"Linky promise?" He smiled at me. I like that rare smile.

I grinned back at him, "linky promise." I took his pinky with mine and we shook.

~End of Flashback~

Thinking about this....and how it only happened last year...I...I began to cry.

You promised Kura.

"He promised," I whispered to myself.

I grabbed my own pinky and held it tight. It was a linky promise...something only me and Bakura had...

I'm feeling less of myself.

I tried the mind link again. Still, no answer.

I began to feel so alone. I've never felt alone in my life because...Kura was always with me...but now....he isn't.

"I miss you, Kura," I whisper quietly, once more to myself.