Field Trip

"RINGGGG!!" The school bell rung shrilly, signaling the end of a long day. Peter, without skipping a beat, stood up as he swung his backpack over his shoulder.

"Ah, class! Stay back a little. I have an exciting announcement to make!" Their teacher, Mr Harrington, announced.

Peter groaned inwardly before plopping back into his seat.

Teachers should never be excited for something. If they were, it's probably not good.

"We're going on a field trip!"

The class just continued to give an annoyed stare in silence, itching to go home.

Mr Harrington appeared a little disappointed with their reactions. However, a grin broke out in his face as he continued, "To none other than Stark Industries!"

At that, chaos swept throughout the class.

"Whoa!!"

"To where the Avengers live!"

"Holy shit no way!"

Ned was shaking Peter's arm feverishly, screeching something incoherent as Peter slammed his head on his desk.

Utterly wonderful.

MJ, Peter's girlfriend, caught Peter's reaction and sighed a little before patting him on the back. "Loser, it's gonna be okay."

"Yea! I'm so excited I'm so excited-" Ned blabbered, before MJ slammed a hand over his mouth and rolled her eyes, smiling slightly at Peter's weak chuckle.

"Guys, they're gonna embarrass the shit out of me, you know that, right.." Peter mumbled, his voice muffled slightly.

"I'd kill to be embarrassed by the Avengers, dude." Ned squealed, apparently even more excited at the prospect that his best friend was going to be humiliated beyond measure.

MJ opened her mouth to say something, but was cut off by a snicker.

"Yo, penis! You ready to get exposed? I'm so excited to expose you in front of Tony Stark, and maybe grab an internship while I'm at it." Flash, Peter's notorious bully, hollered, not bothering to conceal his smirk.

"Oh, shut it, Flash. I don't recall anyone asking for your opinion." MJ retaliated, rolling her eyes as Flash scoffed but turned away.

Peter seemed even more mortified as his eyes widened in realization.

"Dude, they're gonna kill Flash.."

"And that's a bad thing?"

"MJ!"

"Alright, class dismissed." Mr Harrington shouted over the class's chattering as the class trickled out.

"Oh, and Peter, come here for a second."

At that, Peter looked up with confused eyes and turned to look at Ned and MJ, who mirrored his expression perfectly.
"We'll see you tomorrow then, dork." MJ spoke up, with Ned nodding quickly in agreement.

Suddenly, MJ reached over, and to Peter and Ned's surprise, gave Peter a little peck on his cheek before walking off.

Peter instantly flushed red, trying to process what had happened, as Ned tried to suppress his giggles as he walked out.

Peter tried his best to suppress his huge smile as he walked over to the teacher's table.

"Yes, Mr Harrington?"

Mr Harrington glanced up at Peter with utter dislike in his eyes which made Peter flinch a little.

"Peter, I've been letting this go for too long. I get that you're desperate for friends, but lying for popularity is never the answer. Take Flash, for example-"