34 - Chosen

Later that day, the sun was setting, Kelly closed the bar and took out her pendant, putting it on then she started looking for Roni's baseball bat. She heard the door open and quickly hid behind the counter with a glass bottle.

 She heard the door open and quickly hid behind the counter with a glass bottle

"What the hell are you doing back there?" Roni asked and Kelly turned around.

Kelly exhaled heavily as she saw her sister, "Looking for your baseball bat," Kelly said.

"Oh, it's right by the ice bin," Julia said and Kelly flinched and looked to see Julia at the bar and Julia smiled apologetically.

"Hey, don't worry, I've got a full arsenal for us," Roni said as she held up the crowbar and Julia held up another crowbar.

"Thanks, Weaver wasn't exactly ace in the weapon department," Kelly said.

"Margot's still at the station with him, so at least Margot's safe and Avery is with her uncle and Simon," Roni said.

"No," They looked to see Avery walking inside, "I'm here," Avery said as she walked to the bar.

"What you doing here?" Roni asked.

"Simon and Dylan are watching from outside... I told them I didn't want to be on my own," Avery said with a soft smile to Kelly.

"Thank you, all of you, for standing by me," Kelly said.

Roni poured them drinks, "You really think I'm going to let anyone kill my big sis but me and no one is killing our friend's daughter without going through me first," Roni said and handed them their drinks.

"Thanks," Avery said.

They took the glasses, "To putting the past behind you with a baseball bat," They share a toast and down their drinks, "Oh! Ah, felt good. I can't believe how long it's been since Kelly had a drink and a good bar brawl," Kelly said.

"Just because you're letting Zelena out to play doesn't mean you have to let go, Kelly, we can be both," Roni said.

"Yeah, well, we'll see how much there is left of Kelly once Zelena has her reckoning with Hansel," Kelly said.

"Probably more than you realise," Julia said.

Flashback