Chapter 3: The Warming Heart

"And so they lived happily ever after."

What is that voice...?

"What other story do you want to hear, sweety?" Asked the odd, echoey voice.

Ummm... I guess a fairytale.

A higher pitched voice that sounded like a four year old girl said,"Daddy I want you to me read something YOU always read."

"Oh I think that's a great idea. The one I always read is called Cinderella," the husky, echoey voice said cheerfully,"Okay it starts out like this... 'Once upon a time, there lived a girl named... Cin.... der..... ella...."

Why was it going away? Come back! Why do I feel sad? Why am I trying to run towards this voice? Why, why, wh---

"A..... AN.....ANNIE!!" Said a familiar voice. It was Henry.

I felt my cheeks wet and the sheets on my wooden bed were messed up which is unusual even for me." What happened? Did a hurricane come by and why are my cheeks wet?"

"I'd like to ask YOU that question, Annie," Henry said with a worried expression running across his face."You were screaming 'COME BACK!!' in your sleep while crying and don't tell me that's normal!"

"I can't really remember any of it. Nothing. Nothing at all. I wonder why?" I asked while having a curious face. I say while shrugging it off,"Oh well. I don't feel like using a thingamajig you call a "brain." I'm going to go eat breakfast with Margaret. See ya!"

-------(Time pass)-------

"Annie! Go get me some food! I'm starvi~ng!" Charlotte cried out.

"Don't get your panties all in a bunch," I said quietly.

"What did you SAY?!" Alice yelled defensively for Charlotte.

"Nothing. Nothing at all, your righteousness." I remarked sarcastically.

I went to go fetch some breakfast for the alarms and while I was at it I bumped into Margaret. She said with an apologetic voice,"I'm so sorry, Antoinette." "It's quite alright, Margaret," I said.

After a century of silence, I was about  say something but Margaret replied instead."How about I take care of those spoiled bunches, and you can take Henry and go have some children time," Margaret said with faithfulness in her voice.

I smiled and answered gracefully,"Thank you oh so much, Margaret!" I walked out while dragging Henry who was eating a bread. He looked like he was about to choke on it, too. Oh well, I continued to do so until we hit the door. I turned around and waved goodbye, and Henry got loose and did the same thing after some heavy breathing. I laughed. He glared at me. We left towards the market to have fun.

********(Setting~ Market Place)

"Hey Henry, let us go shopping for ourselves!" I said with a smiling expression. He answered with a puff, "I just can't make you unhappy so why not." I handed him some money and ran off towards an apple store, typical. Henry went to a clothes shop because he has been wearing the same two pairs of clothes ever since he came to live with me and the others.

-----

After some time, I came back with some clothes, apples (TONS), soap, and food the greatest thing that God has ever made.(And no she's not fat she's actually skinny[Says the Author]) He came back with clothes, watches, and extra money.---- Wai~t, money?! "Where did you get that extra money!?" I yelled with jealousy rising at full speed.

He looked confused for a second and answered,"That rich dude gave me some. Over there," he pointed into a direction where a man was giving money. I actually recognize that fellow.*THUMP THUMP* It was that dude that chased me! "I want some of that money buuuuut that dude is over there! Henry! Go get a mask and get more for me, please!"