Chapter 6: Limits to Happiness

I know this is a short chapter and that it'll suck because it's short but bear with me here, please...
(^ ^)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Two days away!!!!" Came through the halls and rooms and everywhere around the building. It sounded like a siren that was going off, but I expect no less from those alarm clocks.

"Hey, Henry. Would you like to help me remake my dress?" I said with a smirk.

"Yeah, sure!" He said with a helping hand.

After we walked up the stairs to my room, we got started immediately on sewing. It takes such a long time to sew a napkin.... fancy..... thing...., so we started to go gather sewing stuff at the markets, and I snuck some sparkles. Sparkles are pretty, meh!

We finally made it to the house with all the items we needed.

"Why did we get blue?" Henry asked out of curiosity.

"Because that was my mommy's favorite color as my daddy said to me one day," I said without looking up from sewing.

"You know your speaking suits your height," he said while nodding in agreement to himself. I smacked him in the noggin, and he just laughed. I puffed my cheeks while a pink dust flew into them.

Minutes later I started to sing a lullaby my mom used to sing to me that I could remember somehow.

"You have an amazing voice, Annie," he complimented me.

"Thanks, loser," I sarcastically said. It was his turn to hit me in the noggin. His punch hurt like crap! I winced and put my hands over my head while saying,"Do you think I'm that thick headed!" He just laughed and continued to sew. Eventually I did too.

*Spongebob- "Minute later" guy voice* One... Night... Later...

"Ahhhhhhh~... finally~…" I said while remembering I have my shoes on, so I took them off.

"I know and man this is a masterpiece! I feel like I'm in a fantasy because this big thing was done in one night," Henry said while scratching his head.

"Well... tomorrow's the ball day! It's my first one!" I said with my hands in front of me in a fist and shaking them. I was acting like a fangirl. Ha, fangirl moment~!

"Ha! Me, too! Well mostly because I was a street rat before I was taken in by you."

"Oh, please! It was my pleasure," I said with a high pitch voice.

I went downstairs and called for Margaret to come up ignoring the twerps calls for me. I don't need to come be your slave the whole freaking entire time. Aren't y'all fat and lazy enough! I just dragged Margaret a little bit more. The stupid stairs were too long!

We finally made it, and I showed her the dress. She gasped in awe.

"It's beautiful, Annie. Truly beautiful," she repeated.

I smiled and looked at it again. "Your going to be the spotlight of the night, tomorrow," Henry smiled. I smiled a bit brighter back. He sighed and said,"Well, why don't we go celebrate the masterpiece?" Me and Margaret agreed and went to the marketplace.

Henry lead us to a bar. We went in ordering before we sat down, and Margaret drank red wine while me and Henry were under aged, so we drank water.

The bartender said,"What's the celebration, Henry?" Seems like he knows Henry.

He replied,"We finished Annie's dress for the ball we're attending." The bartender let an "Ahh..." out of his mouth. Then he looked at me and said,"That her?" While pointing at me.