Lies

George sat down at the dinner table beside Kacey. It was late and she said she would be in the common room after dinner so Fred, George, and Reagan had gone up. The food had disappeared and Kacey was sitting at the table starring down at her hands that were shaking. "What's wrong" George asked softly and took her hands. "Nothing" Kacey said. She hadn't talked much since she saw the Thestrals. "I started thinking. You said the war happened at your old school but on your first day you told Fred and I that you were home schooled" George said. "I-I lied. I didn't want to talk about my old school. Reagan and I, we were one of the causes of the war. She was in one house, I, in another. We would always hang out together and we were one day told by representatives of each house that-" Kacey stopped. "Never mind" she murmured with tears softly trickling down her face. George took her shaky hand in his and kissed it softly. "How about I take you up to your dormitory and you can go to sleep" George asked. "I'm not tired" Kacey mumbled and looked away, not wanting him to see her cry. "I'm not supposed to cry" she said to herself, mad that she would be so weak. "Kacey, I'm taking you up stairs whether you like it or not. You need to get some sleep" George said. He didn't want to be stern but knew he would have to. Kacey nodded and stood up. As they walked upstairs she grabbed George's hand and held it. George smiled, he hated seeing her upset but he liked her, a lot and wanted to help.