Ice Skating

"We all go ice skating on Christmas Day each year" Ron explained and Kacey smiled. "We stole a pair of your shoes to see what size we should get" George said with a smile. "And my you have big feet for a lovely lady" Fred said.

Kacey smiled as they got out to a pond that had one bench by it and it was froze over. Kacey was last to put her skates on. She hobbled over to the edge of the lake when she saw a hand offered to her. She looked up to see George and she smiled. She took his hand and everyone went out onto the ice. Kacey smiled as she took baby steps and let go of George's hand. She fell on her butt laughing. "I've never been ice skating before" she admitted as Fred helped George help Kacey up. "Thank you" she said.

Almost everyone had gone inside except Fred, George, Percy, and Kacey. Kacey had gotten a little better at skating so she was trying on her own while everyone else sat on the bench. "I'm gonna try and go backwards" she said and started skating backwards till she hit a weak spot in the ice. The ice crumpled under her and she fell in to the freezing cold water. She tried to kick her feet but the skates weighed her down and she wasn't a very strong swimmer. Everything went dark for Kacey.