An earlier conversation

Preeti was mortified, her crush was put on display to the entire family including random business associates of the family and even worse Sadhna babhi and her family. Preeti could not save her reputation now even if she had magic powers. Vinod and Sapna truly took it too far and she couldn't even fight against it. Her own father stood up dancing while Preeti felt exposed on the stage. In the moment, she couldn't even process what was happening and just smiled while moving off to the side of the stage not like it worked because Vinod brought them together and asked for her engagement!!!

Preeti wanted to hide,  feeling bad for hoping for a small accident so that she could be called in to work. She took refuge in the garden before being found by Sangeeta and was pulled to the room of the new couple discussing the topic of the night, her and Prem. She took their teasing and then Anwar bhai came and dropped a bomb . Her engagement was tomorrow. She was getting engaged tomorrow. To Prem. To the love of her life. Preeti was elated and the room erupted with cheers and then Preeti felt cold dread settle into her heart. 

She kept a smile but internally she was wondering about Prem. Did he know? Did he want this? Did they even ask him? They didn't even ask her, they made the decision based on a skit. Did Prem even have feelings for her? Prem was in America for 4 years, What if he loved someone else? Was she forcing him to marry her? Will Prem end up hating her? Preeti won't know what to do if Prem hated her. She rather his indifference over his hatred. She loved him for so long,she doesn't know how to respond to his hate.

She needed to find Prem fast and talk to him. Even if he doesn't want to see her she won't force him to marry her, she'll break off the engagement after they talk. She may love Prem but she won't doom herself and him to a marriage without mutual love.  Finally, she was allowed to leave when the family realized that they should leave the new couple alone. She feigned going to the kitchen and seperated from the group to look for Prem. Checking each room and avoiding the large clusters of family, she finally found Prem in his room.

Entering the room quickly and locking the door, She blurted out " I don't want to marry you." "Wait,no I mean I don't want you to marry me , I mean you don't have to marry me if you don't want to. I know we aren't really that close anymore and your family keeps pushing you to settle with me but I don't want that for you. You deserve to marry who you love and who loves you back too. We both deserve that. Anyway, I just came to say that, I'll go talk to my father and have him call it off. I'll say Vinod and Sapna played a prank and that it went too far" She finally looked at prem and saw him looking deep in thought. She fumbled a little and said" Ok, I'll go now and find him "

" Preeti, wait.." Prem came a bit closer to her and said ".. I don't love you yet but I do like you. I always have, I would be crazy not to, You're beautiful, kind, intelligent and we share similar hobbies. I think with time we could both truly love each other. If you are willing to wait for me and take a chance then I don't mind this  sudden engagement tomorrow, if it means in the future we will have a happy and loving marriage....So what do you say? Should we take a chance?" 

Preeti was shocked and elated " I-um Sure? If you are sure? And you are sure? It's just if we go through with this, if you change your mind our families won't let you go so easily." And my heart will be crushed, she thinks internally

" I'm sure."

" Um, well ok that's great, I'll just leave now . See you tomorrow for the engagement..uh...bye " 

" Cute." Prem looked at the door Preeti hurriedly left behind. He was touched that she came to give him and her a way out of their abrupt matchmaking. He thinks he made the right decision, loving Preeti seems like an effortless task. He just needs to spend time with her away from overbearing relatives and teasing siblings.